Swedish Schools of Architecture
The four Swedish schools of architecture, at KTH, Chalmers, LTH, and Umeå University, have collaborated since 2009 within the platform Swedish Schools of Architecture. In the first phase strong emphasis is put on strengthening the capacity for Swedish research and research education in architecture to be internationally compettitive. In collaboration the four schools have developed three research programs for a national research school and two strong research environments which are currently seeking grant support form Formas. The programs are scheduled to start in the autumn 2011.
The collaborative organisation operates with a steering committee constituted by the heads of departments and leaders of respective architectural programs, and a specific research and research education committee, constitued by the respective schools’ directors of research and research education. The latter coordinates the national research school and the strong research environments.
Chair 2010/2011: Catharina Dyrssen, Head of Department, Chalmers
- Catharina Dyrssen, Head of Department, Chalmers
- Fredrik Nilsson, Chair of Research Board, Swedish Schools of Architecture
- Erik Stenberg, Head of Department, KTH
- Leif Brodersen, Dean of Architectural Education, KTH
- Lars Henrik Ståhl, Head of Department, LTH
- Peter Kjaer, Dean of Architecture, Umeå
- Thomas Olofsson, Head of Department, Umeå