The Research Areas
Every project running within SweGRIDS comes within one of the following main subject areas:
- MATERIAL (new/improved materials, e.g. for insulation, conductive contacts, storage devices)
- STORAGE (electric energy storage for grid-support and electric vehicles, e.g. batteries, fuel-cells, flywheels, hydropower)
- CIPOWER (design and maintenance of power components for enhanced controllability and loading)
- INSTINCT (information & communications technology for monitoring and control of the electric grid)
- SMARTPOWER (system aspects such as stability, efficiency, economics, markets)
These correspond to thein which all SweGRIDS students are involved. SweGRIDS and InnoEnergy are closely connected.
The menu at the left gives more detailed descriptions of the work in each of these projects.
Some posters from the SweGRIDS conference can be seen under thesection.