Over 100 researchers within the KTH School of Architecture and the Built Environment are actitvely working with urban sustainability challenges. The Research Cluster for Urban Sustainability is a common platform where the many and varied disciplines associated with urban sustainability research can interact and cooperate with each other and with practitioners.
- Provide a clearinghouse for current sustainability research within the ABE school and major research from other universities in Sweden and internationally
- Help ABE researchers find multidisciplinary funding for urban sustainability research
- Produce seminars, workshops, symposia and other opportunities for co-learning and sharing of both research and practical experience in urban sustainability issues
- Help develop ideas and curricula for new multidisciplinary/cross-departmental courses and other educational opportunities
- Maintain ongoing contact with external partners representing cities, public authorities, funding organizations and companies and serving as a “broker” between external partners and one or more ABE departments where possible.