Kursplan (utdrag ur KOPPS)
|Course name||The Concepts of Chemistry|
|Grading||A, B, C, D, E, FX, F|
|Teacher||Andra Dédinaité, firstname.lastname@example.org, 08-790 99 05 och Lars Kloo, email@example.com, 08-790 93 43 och Licheng Sun, firstname.lastname@example.org, 08-790 81 27 samt Magnus Bergström, email@example.com, 08-790 99 21|
|The Course and program catalogue||Full course description|
After the completed course the student must be able to:
- identify, select and explain which concepts are involved in which way in chemical phenomena.
- explain, on a quantum mechanical basis, the basic properties of atoms and molecules.
- identify and explain the basic forms of intermolecular interactions and how those determine the phase behavior of material.
- explain and calculate the thermodynamic, kinetic, and electrochemical characteristics of simple chemical reactions.
- recognize simple chemical compounds both by name and by chemical formula, recall their basic properties and how those lead to applications.
- classify and evaluate the feasibility of simple organic reactions and describe their structural results.
The courses IF1621 Quantum mechanics I and IF1612 Applied physics, thermodynamics, and waves.
P. Atkins and L. Jones, Chemical Principles: The Quest for Insight, 4th ed., Freeman.