PhD Olena Sevastyanova
2006 Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Wood Chemistry, The Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden
2002 Technology Licentiate in Pulp and Paper Technology, The Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden
1993 Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Analytical Chemistr, Kiev Taras Shevchenko
State University, Kiev, Ukraine
Position: Research Scientist
Specialist in wood chemistry and fibre technology, with extensive research experience in lignin and carbohydrates chemistry, biomaterials development and characterization, chemical pulp manufacturing, bleaching processes and quality control methods.
tel + 46 8 790 6104
Currently working on:
• Utilization of technical lignins in value-added applications.
Project: Biobased materials, chemicals and fuels from the forest industry waste product financed by Swedish Institute, January 1st 2013 – December 31st 2013; research collaboration between Sweden, Latvia, Ukraine and Russia (project coordinator).
• Evaluation of ultra-filtration technique as a means of isolation of high-quality material from industrial pulping liquors: correlation between the chemical structure and thermo-mechanical behaviour of kraft lignin fractions.
Project financed by WWSC/ KTH-Chalmers (project coordinator);
Stiftelsen Gunnar Sundblads Forskningsfond: research grant for 2 months work at The University of British Columbia, UBC, Vancouver, Canada.
• Application of novel separation techniques in the wood processing – new approach to produce high value materials from tree.
Project financed by WWSC/ KTH-Chalmers (project manager)
1. Wedin, H., Sevastyanova, O., Evtuguin, D., Ragnar, M. and Lindström, M. (2013): The effect of extended impregnation kraft cooking and oxygen delignification on the xylan structure, submitted to NPPRJ.
2. Lähdetie, A., Loureiro, P., Evtuguin, D., Sevastyanova, O., Ek, M., Jääskeläinen, A.-S. (2012): The effect of excitation wavelength on the Raman spectra of wood based samples, Holzforschung, accepted for publication.
3. Sevastyanova, O., Forsström, A., Wackerberg, E., Lindström, M.E. (2012): Bleaching of eucalyptus kraft pulps with chlorine dioxide: factors affecting the efficiency of the final D stage, TAPPI J., 11(3), 43-53.
4. Li, D., Sevastyanova, O., Ek,M. (2012): Pretreatment of softwood dissolving pulp with ionic liquids, Holzforschung, 66, 935-943.
5. Sevastyanova, O., Qin, W. and Kadla, J.F. (2010): Effect of nanofillers as reinforcement agents for lignin composite fibers, J. Applied Polymer Science 117, 2877-2881.