Master Thesis at Industrial Information and Control Systems
On this page you can get answers regarding master thesis projects. Almost all master thesis projects are carried out in the industry, but some are also completed at the department. Suggestions on possible master thesis topics are available here.
There is a great variety on topics for master thesis projects, some examples of previous master thesis projects are:
- An assessment of modifiability in Vattenfall Eldistribution's network information system
- Household aggregators development for Demand Response in Europe (with Vattenfall)
- Development of framework for assessment of IT organizations in collaboration with Acando Frontec.
- IEC 61850-9-2 Process Bus Communication Interface for Light Weight Merging Unit Testing Environment (with ABB)
- Virtual Power Plant Simulation and Control Scheme Design (with STRI)
- Analyzing the impacts of future requirements from the energy sector on Vattenfall’s IT-landscape
- Governance of IT Projects Through Enterprise Architecture at Scania IT Area R&D
- Human and organizational aspects of cyber security (ABB)
- IT governance impact on a roadmap process for IT development projects (Telenor)
When shall I start looking for a master thesis project?
That of course depends on when you are planning to start. Start with initiating contact with a couple of organizations a couple of months before you have planned to start. Bear in mind that during summer most of the activity is hibernating and you should not expect anything to be set during this period of time.
What type of master thesis can I do?
The best way to find out is to look at old master theses. The titles of these are available under publications. If you have an idea for a master thesis project, but are still uncertain, just speak to one of the PhD students.
How do I get a supervisor?
When you have an idea for a master thesis project just send an email with a short description of its topic and scope toor . They then send this to the PhD students at the department and the most suitable PhD student will then notify Annica or Davood. All in all it takes about two weeks, but it can often go faster than that. Students who have taken all our courses have the right to get a supervisor at the department.
How will I get registered for the master thesis project?
The master thesis project is a course and you will need to register it with us. But before taking any step, you must discuss the topic with your program coordinator, and he/she should confirm the topic. Then, there is a registration form that should be filled out. It can be found under administrative guidelines and documents. You do not have to fill in information about the title of your master thesis; it will be completed by supervisor or examiner. Examiner of the thesis will have to sign the form before it will be handed in to Annica.
But I have further questions about master thesis projects...
Read the departments master thesis guideline, the answers to your questions are probably there. And if not, you can contact.