KTH Transport Platform
To build on existing research excellence and strength, KTH has defined five distinct research focus areas: Transport, Energy & Climate, Materials, Information and Communication Technologies, and Medical Engineering.
The KTH Transport Platform sets the scene for KTH's present and future role in society within the transport area.
A starting point is that KTH today possesses both broad and in-depth expertise within several key areas of transport research. The problems and challenges confronting future transport are however so complex that no player is able to solve them alone. Therefore, it is necessary to employ a multi-disciplinary and a multi-stakeholder approach. On this background the aim is to establish a joint passion and a unique mechanism for holistic transport research, demonstration and innovation together with partners in research community, industry and public bodies.
- Vice President for Research Björn Birgisson, Chair
- Professor Haris Koutsopoulos, Platform Director
- Assistant Professor Mikael Nybacka, Deputy Platform Director
- Dean Stellan Lundström (ABE)
- Dean Mikael Lindström (CHE)
- Dean Stefan Östlund (EES)
- Dean Bengt Lindberg (ITM)
- Dean Gustav Amberg (SCI)
- Dean Mikael Östling (ICT)
- Professor Annika Stensson Trigell
- Dr. Hans Ingvarsson
- Professor Lars-Göran Mattsson, Holistic Transport Systems
- Associate Professor Nicole Kringos, Future Transportation Infrastructure
- Associate Professor Gunilla Efraimsson, Innovative Vehicle Concepts
- Researcher Jonas Mårtensson, Transport in the Information Age
- Professor Jonas Eliasson, Policy and Institutional Frameworks