Please note that Swedish is the language of instruction for all undergraduate programmes at KTH. Therefore, knowledge of Swedish is one of the entrance requirements and must have been studied prior to applying for admission.
For admission to a degree programme at undergraduate level, the following requirements must be fulfilled.
• General entrance requirements. - successful completion of upper secondary education, knowledge of Swedish and English (see below).
• Specific entrance requirements - course prerequisites in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry or at least one year of studies at university level in these subjects.
• Knowledge of Swedish documented by e.g. the TISUS test, a nationally accepted test in Swedish. For further information regarding language tests, please contact the Department of Scandinavian Languages at the Stockholm University or your nearest Swedish Embassy.
• Knowledge of English documented by an internationally recognized proficiency test, e.g. TOEFL (minimum score 550, computer based 213) or IELTS (minimum score 5.5).
• Swedish visa (depending on nationality) and residence permit. EU/EEA-citizens apply for residence permit after arrival in Sweden. The application can be make online directly to the Migration Board.
Information and forms can be obtained from the Migrationsverket (the Migration Board) web page.
• Funds covering the living expenses during the entire stay in Sweden must be proven, by bank statement or otherwise. The recommended minimum is SEK 7, 000 per month during ten months of the year.
Students fulfilling the requirements above may apply to a degree programme at KTH. Please note the competition to the different programmes varies from year to year and that all programmes have a limited number of study places available.
Please note that KTH does not offer any scholarships or other financial support programmes for foreign undergraduate students.
Application forms may be ordered from the following address:
Verket för högskoleservice (National Admissions Office to Higher Education), Box 126 15, 112 92 Stockholm, Sweden.
Closing date for applications for studies commencing end of August/beginning of September is April 15th.
Higher Education in Sweden
For general information on higher education in Sweden, entrance requirements, etc., please consult the National Agency for Higher Education, HSV.