AI2804 Design and production Management 7.5 credits
Projekterings- och produktionsledning
Educational levelSecond cycle
Academic level (A-D)C
Subject areaBuilt Environment
Grade scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
PeriodsSpring 13 P3 (7.5 credits)
Start date2013 week: 2
End date2013 week: 11
Language of instructionEnglish
Number of lectures20 (preliminary)
Number of exercises30 (preliminary)
Form of studyNormal
Number of placesNo limitation
ScheduleSchedule (new window)
Course responsibleTina Karrbom Gustavsson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Students in the masterprogramme Real Estate Development and Financial Services (TFAFM).
Open to all programs.
Part of programme
The course gives an overall picture of the construction project manager’s tasks. The students apply knowledge gained in preparatory courses in a real building project. While facing realistic conditions the students are trained in managing a building project. Students should also have a general understanding of different value adding activities and conditions of all involved disciplines.
The course aims to provide the students with skills to plan, organise, conduct and follow up a building project from conceptual design to production planning. After the course the student should be able to
- analyse design brief and land use planning requirements to determine the conditions for a building project,
- plan and organise the design process,
- evaluate and choose building design with technical solutions for foundations, structural frame, service systems for heating, ventilation, sanitary appliances and electricity,
- conduct early as well as detailed cost planning and calculation,
- plan building production,
- evaluate chosen design solutions against the project’s preconditions,
- conduct a tendering process and make agreements for design and production,
- manage the project team,
- make a communication plan,
- apply web based project network,
- present results orally and in written form.
Course main content
Design brief and architectural design. Time- and resource planning. Cost estamating. Preparation and coordination of detailed design models and documentation. Choice of technical systems. Production planning and scheduling. Construction contracts. Legal structure. Cost control. Material Management. Safety. Risk analyses. Evaluation. Communication plan. Web based project management. Presentation.
Completed Bachelor's degree, Project Communication (AI2801) and Project Development and Construction Processes (AI2803) or corresponding courses.
Meddelas vid kursstart.
- PRO1 - Project work, 7.5 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Tina Karrbom Gustavsson, phone: 08-790 8799, e-mail: email@example.com
Tina Karrbom Gustavsson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Course plan valid from:
Examination information valid from: Spring 11.