DD245X Degree Project in Computer Science, Second Level 15.0 credits
Examensarbete inom datalogi, avancerad nivå
A comparatively large and independent analysis of a problem within computer science.
Educational levelSecond cycle
Academic level (A-D)D
Subject areaComputer Science and Engineering
Grade scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
After passing the degree project course, you will be able to
- apply standard methods of practice in industry, administration and academic environments regarding planning, conducting, reporting and evaluating larger independent design and investigation projects,
- independently plan, conduct, report (orally and in writing), a design or investigation in the computer science area that is important for a problem-owner in industry, administration or academy, and motivate conclusions and design choices,
- collect and systematize requirements and expectations on the project deliverables, and asses the reasonableness of these in light of available time and resources,
- find, obtain, evaluate and compile information relevant for the project realization,
- select a course of action and prepare, follow and adapt a plan for the project,
- write reports in Swedish or English complying to established standards of design, language, style and content,
- orally report project results with requirements on preparation, content, style and time used,
- improve knowledge and skills in an area of computer science.
Course main content
The degree project must treat a problem within computer science. The problem must focus on questions from the field of computer science that are of interest to investigate and analyze. Projects often result in a prototype but very seldom in a finished product.
A detailed specification and a time schedule for the project must be made. A search for relevant literature in the field must be conducted and relevant literature must be studied as a foundation for the work. The work is presented in a written report and in an oral presentation.
Completed 15 of the ECTS credits in the program.
- XUPP - Examination Question, 15.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
In this course all the regulations of the code of honor at the School of Computer science and Communication apply, see: http://www.kth.se/csc/student/hederskodex/1.17237?l=en_UK.
Requirements for final grade
Project (XUPP; 15 hp).
Ann Bengtsson, e-post: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 790 6209
Course plan valid from:
Examination information valid from: Autumn 07.