DM2600 Communication and Culture - Chinese Perspectives 7.5 credits
Kommunikation och kultur - kinesiska perspektiv
Educational levelSecond cycle
Academic level (A-D)C
Grade scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
After the course you will have
- deeper knowledge in different forms and genres for intercultural communication
- deeper knowledge in communication, media technology and theories within this cross-disciplinary area
- deeper knowledge in academic writing
in order to
- be able to analyze and deal with intercultural communication situations.
Course main content
Aiming at practical as well as theoretical insights this course explores the relations between communication, culture and technology by examining intercultural communication from a contemporary Chinese perspective. Stress will be put on key features of Chinese verbal and non-verbal communication, as well as social and cultural factors influencing these, ranging from traditional value systems and patterns of interaction to new media technology trends and contextualised politics.
DH1609, DH1603 or corresponding or bachelor degree or corresponding.
New literature every year, mostly consisting of handouts during the course
- INL1 - Assignment, 4.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- SEM1 - Seminars, 3.5 credits, grade scale: P, F
In this course all the regulations of the code of honor at the School of Computer science and Communication apply, see: http://www.kth.se/csc/student/hederskodex/1.17237?l=en_UK.
Requirements for final grade
The examination consists of active participation in seminars, short reaction papers, and a final essay.
INL1 4 hp
CSC/Media Technology and Interaction Design
Björn Kjellgren, e-post: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course plan valid from:
Examination information valid from: Spring 09.