DS1347 Spanish - Language, Culture and Social Studies 4.5 credits
Spanska - språk, kultur och samhälle
The course prepares the student through lectures and group practice for studies, degree project work or placement in Spanish-speaking countries.
Educational levelFirst cycle
Academic level (A-D)B
Grade scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
PeriodsAutumn 13 P0 (4.5 credits)
Start date2013 week: 33
End date2013 week: 35
Language of instructionSwedish
Number of lectures
Number of exercises
Form of studyNormal
Number of places *18 - 32
*) The Course date may be cancelled if number of admitted are less than minimum of places. If there are more applicants than number of places selection will be made.
ScheduleSchedule (new window)
Course responsibleMaria Elena Salazar Reyes <email@example.com>
Elective course for all programmes
Mandatory course for all students on the programmes with Spanish international profile.
EU language portfolio levels B1/B2, http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
After completing the course, the student should be able to:
- understand the content of clear standard speech on general subject areas/events (level B1)
- assimilate the content of letters and written information of various types and from different sources (level B2)
- converse and discuss informally on topics of personal interest or related to studies, work or topical events (level B1)
- orally summarise texts of a general nature (level B1/B2)
- produce short essays and texts (level B1)
Course main content
- Insight into the culture of Spanish-speaking countries focusing on intercultural differences
- Practice expressing oneself orally and in writing in response to practical situations abroad
- Information about language use in Spanish-speaking countries
- Practice in understanding and conversation
- Optional tandem practice with Spanish-speaking students
General entrance requirements for university studies, i e completed upper secondary schooling with 4-5 years’ study of Spanish. A diagnostic test before course start.
See under Eligibility
Vall, Bärbel & Arango Alegría, David (2008). La Alegría de leer. 2. uppl. Stockholm: Liber. Kompendium
- NÄR1 - Attendance, 1.5 credits, grade scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Examination, 3.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Requirements for final grade
75% attendance and home assignments (NÄR1; 1,5 credits), written examination (TEN1; 3 credits)
ECE/Language and Communication
Elena Reyes, tel. 790 6187, firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer course in August. The course has limited participation. Students who are not present at course start risk losing their place on the course.
The course programme may be subject to changes and courses with an insufficient number of students can be cancelled or get a reduced number of lessons.
Course plan valid from:
Examination information valid from: Autumn 07.