DS1516 Swedish 2, Advanced Beginners Level 7.5 credits
Svenska 2, fortsättningsnivå
This course is dormant.
For students who have previously studied the basics of Swedish.
Educational levelFirst cycle
Academic level (A-D)B
Grade scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
EU language portfolio, levels A2/B1 http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
After completing the course, the student should be able to:
- understand and distinguish the main content of clear standard speech on well-known topics (level A2)
- identify and give an account of the content of authentic texts, such as simple newspaper and simple popular science articles (level B1)
- use the language with a basic command of the typical and distinctive features of Swedish pronunciation and prosody and correct application of basic Swedish grammar in simple informal situations, such as studies, work and leisure time, and also describe certain aspects of Swedish life and institutions (level A2)
- give a short, individually prepared presentation on a familiar subject. (level A2/B1)
- use the language with a basic command of the typical and distinctive features of Swedish spelling and correct application of basic Swedish grammar in simple informal situations, such as studies, work and leisure time, and also describe certain aspects of Swedish life and institutions. (level A2)
Course main content
Basic reading and oral skills. Swedish grammar, pronunciation practice, practice in understanding, speaking and reading different types of simple texts. Writing practice. Writing of short essays and simple letters. Swedish life and institutions.
48 lessons divided into 12 sessions x 4 lessons
General entrance requirements for university studies. A pass in Swedish 1 elementary level: DS1500, DS1501, DS1502, DS1503, DS1504, DS1506, DS1507, DS1508 eller DS150N or equivalent and a compulsory placement test before applying. See our website for the test and more information.
See under Eligibility
Essentials of Swedish grammar, Åke Viberg, Kerstin Ballardini, Sune Stjärnlöf
- INL1 - Assignment, 0.8 credits, grade scale: P, F
- INL2 - Assignment, 0.8 credits, grade scale: P, F
- INL3 - Assignment, 0.7 credits, grade scale: P, F
- INL4 - Assignment, 0.7 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- TEN1 - Examination, 4.5 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Requirements for final grade
75% attendance. Continuous assessment of classroom work. Assignments (INL1; 0,8 credits, INL2; 0,8 credits, INL3; 0,7 credits, INL4; 0,7 credits, written examination (TEN1; 4,5 credits)
ECE/Language and Communication
Cecilia Weissenborn, tel. 7906126, email@example.com
Cecilia Melin Weissenborn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Dorota Lubinska <email@example.com>
The language of instruction is partly English.
The course has limited participation. Students who are not present at course start lose their place on the course.
The course programme may be subject to changes and courses with an insufficient number of students can be cancelled, get merged together with other courses or get the number of lessons reduced.
Swedish 3, Intermediate Level
Course plan valid from:
Examination information valid from: Autumn 07.