DS1522 Swedish 3, Intermediate Level 7.5 credits
Svenska 3, mellannivå
This course is dormant.
The information on this page is based on a course plan that has been replaced by a later edition.
For students with a good basic knowledge of Swedish.
Educational levelFirst cycle
Academic level (A-D)B
Grade scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
EU language portfolio levels B1/B2 http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
After completing the course, the student should be able to:
- understand the content of clear standard speech on general topics (level B1/B2)
- understand and describe the content of authentic texts on various subjects, including texts from working life and technology (level B1/B2)
- converse and discuss informally, with a good command of the typical and distinctive features of Swedish pronunciation and prosody and correct use of Swedish morphology and sentence structure, on topics of personal interest or related to studies, work, society and current events (level B1)
- give an individually prepared, easily understood presentation on a topic of general interest (level B2)
- write factual and expository/argumentation essays with correct use of Swedish spelling and grammar in more complex and specific situations. (level B2)
Course main content
- Training of the ability to understand and to speak more complex Swedish
- Pronunciation, prosody, fluency. oral presentations
- Reading skills using texts of general and professional language, abstracts
- Writing summaries, short reports
52 lessons divided into 13 sessions x 4 lessons
See under Eligibility
Nya Mål 3, H. Risérus, M. Lindström, Natur och Kultur
Avancera Ord, Marianne Mathlein, Almqvist & Wiksell
Articles and texts
- INL1 - Assignment, 0.8 credits, grade scale: P, F
- INL2 - Assignment, 0.8 credits, grade scale: P, F
- INL3 - Assignment, 0.7 credits, grade scale: P, F
- INL4 - Assignment, 0.7 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- TEN1 - Oral Proficiency, 1.5 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- TEN2 - Examination, 3.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Requirements for final grade
75% attendance. Continuous assessment of classroom work. Assignments (INL1; 0,8 credits, INL2; 0,8 credits, INL3; 0,7 credits, INL4; 0,7 credits. Oral proficiency (TEN1; 1,5 credits), written examination (TEN2; 3 credits)
ECE/Language and Communication
Berit Håkansson, tel. 790 9603, email@example.com
Dorota Lubinska <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cecilia Melin Weissenborn <email@example.com>
The course has limited participation. Students who are not present at course start lose their place on the course.
The course programme may be subject to changes and courses with an insufficient number of students can be cancelled, get merged together with other courses or get the number of lessons reduced.
Swedish 4, Advanced Level
Course plan valid from:
Examination information valid from: Autumn 07.