IV1022 System Integration with Enterprise Systems 9.0 credits
Systemintegration med affärssystem
This course has been cancelled.
Educational levelFirst cycle
Academic level (A-D)C
Grade scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
System integration is becoming more important in the engineer’s every-day work. Today, there is almost no project that does not pose requirements for integration with other systems. Most of enterprises have, historically, the systems that cannot communicate in a transparent way. Another typical scenario is that an enterprise needs to integrate its systems with other enterprises or organizations.
The aim of this course is to bring in the concepts, methods and techniques needed in solving the problem of system integration. Additionally, the course provides an understanding of the main challenges in system integration nowadays, by giving the students experience in integrating several systems into a single business system.
The goal of this course is to give the student:
- Understanding of system integration from the business perspective
- Knowledge of process and service- oriented integration methods
- Knowledge of the common patterns for system integration.
- Knowledge for creating different integration architectures
- Knowledge of the common techniques for system integration
- Capability to model business processes and information with UML, XML.
- Comprehensive experience in at least one system integration technique
Course main content
The following subjects will be handled during the course:
- Architectures and patterns for system integration.
- Methods for system integration, especially service- and process-oriented methods.
- Techniques and tools for system integration (BizTalk, Oracle, ERP systems, etc.)
Completed upper secondary education including documented proficiency in Swedish corresponding to Swedish B and English corresponding to English A. For students who received/will receive their final school grades after 31 December 2009, there is an additional entry requirement for mathematics as follows: documented proficiency in mathematics corresponding to Mathematics A, and the specific requirements corresponding to Mathematics C, Civics A, Physics A and Chemistry A
Enterprise Integration: The Essential Guide to Integration Solutions , Beth Gold-Bernstein, William Ruh
Upplaga: Förlag: Addison-Wesley Information Technology Series År:
- PRO1 - Assignment, 4.0 credits, grade scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Examination, 3.5 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- ÖVN1 - Exercise, 1.5 credits, grade scale: P, F
The course examines through a project, exercise and a written exam.
The written exam is graded according to the scale F, Fx, E, D, C, B, and A, and for the project and the exercise F and P are applied
Requirements for final grade
For the course as a whole, the final grade is based on the grade of exam. A passed project and exercise are also needed.
ICT/Systems Science (SU)
Jelena Zdravkovic, firstname.lastname@example.org, 08-16 49 94
Anders Västberg <email@example.com>
Course plan valid from:
Examination information valid from: Spring 09.