IV2024 Principles of Computer Security 7.5 credits
Principer för datasäkerhet
Educational levelSecond cycle
Academic level (A-D)D
Grade scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
Having completed this course the student will be able to
a) communicate knowledge of the concepts, models and terms commonly used in the area of ICT security.
b) identify and productively experiment with currently relevant ICT security issues.
c) evaluate factors that influence the security of systems.
Course main content
The course includes:
* Introduction to information security
* Security Models and Policies
* Cryptography overview
* Security Architectures, incl. Identification, authentication, access control.
* Malicious Software, incl. Viruses, worms, trojan horses, etc.
* Program Security
* Security Tools
* Law and ethics
* Privacy and Privacy Enhancement Tools
Lectures and Practical Assignments.
Eligibility for "single-course" students not enrolled in a KTH programme:
- BSc degree within Business Administration, Economics, 180 ECTS credits (hp) in Technology or Natural Sciences or equivalent and
- documented proficiency in English B or equivalent.
Matt Bishop: Introduction to Computer Security, Addison Wesley, 2005, 0-321-24744-2
- INL1 - Assignment, 1.5, grade scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Examination, 6.0, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Written Examination and Assignments. Possible grades for the written examination are A/B/C/D/E/Fx/F while each of the assgnments are either pass or fail (P/F).
To pass the course it is necessary that both the written examination and the assignments are passed. The total grade of the course is based on the grade of the written exam.
If the student is close to pass the exam (assessed by the examinator), the student gets the opportunity to pass the exam by doing a complement assignment. This assignment can only give the grade E, and not higher. The assignment must be sent in according to given deadline and can only be used to raise the grade to E on the current exam.
Detailed examination criteria for the course can be obtained at:
ICT/Communication: Services and Infrastructures
Alan Davidson, email@example.com, 08-161543
Alan Davidson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Course syllabus valid from: Autumn 10.
Examination information valid from: Autumn 07.