MF103X Degree Project in Mechanical Engineering, First Level 15.0 credits
Examensarbete inom maskinteknik, grundnivå
In the course aims at training your skills in model-based engineering analysis and reasoning of technical products and it builds on previously acquired knowledge in areas such as mechanics, solid mechanics, and product realization. In the course, you apply self-learning approaches to gain new knowledge and integrate it with previously acquired knowledge, with the purpose to strengthen your ability to identify and solve problems within the field of machine design.
Educational levelFirst cycle
Academic level (A-D)C
Grade scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
PeriodsSpring 13 P3 (7.5 credits), P4 (7.5 credits)
Start date2013 week: 2
End date2013 week: 21
Language of instructionSwedish
Number of lectures44 (preliminary)
Number of exercises
Form of studyNormal
Number of placesNo limitation
ScheduleSchedule (new window)
Course responsibleUlf L Sellgren <firstname.lastname@example.org>
TeacherUlf Sellgren, email@example.com, 08 790 7387
Part of programme
After finished thesis work the student shall be able to:
- identify and formulate engineering design problems and search for solutions with the aid from model-based methods and modern computer tools;
- reflect on which models that are most suitable to use in different phases of an industrial project;
- shape and dimension a system component and then verify the properties of the system;
- apply, value and integrate obtained knowledge and abilities on problems in the chosen domain of specialization;
- independently deepen the personal engineering knowledge in the subject area;
- present the work in a written thesis and as an oral presentation.
Course main content
Exercises and laborations are performed by groups of 2 - 3 students.The project assignment is performed by a group of 2 - 3 students. Literature survey. Written thesis with an oral presentation. Written and oral opposition.
Period 3, 4
Qualified for studies in grade 3, 5B1132/SF1224 ,5B1133/SF1626 , 4C1010/SE1010 , MG1025/MG1003/4G1162
Mathematics, Mechanics, Matlab, SolidEdge, Design and Product Realization 1 for M (MG1003)
Journal Papers and Reports, Handbooks, Manuals.
- XUPP - Examination Question, 15.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Requirements for final grade
Passed course (PRO1;15hp).
Ulf Sellgren, firstname.lastname@example.org, 08 790 7387
Ulf L Sellgren <email@example.com>
Systems Engineering (MF2011), Machine Design, advance course (MF2004)
Course plan valid from:
Examination information valid from: Autumn 09.