MJ2350 Sustainability and Economics 5.0 credits
Hållbarhet och ekonomi
Educational levelSecond cycle
Academic level (A-D)
Subject areaTechnology and Economics
Grade scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
PeriodsAutumn 13 P0 (5.0 credits)
End date2013 week: 29
Language of instructionEnglish
Number of lectures24 (preliminary)
Number of exercises32 (preliminary)
Form of studyNormal
Number of places *10 - 60
*) The Course date may be cancelled if number of admitted are less than minimum of places. If there are more applicants than number of places selection will be made.
Course responsiblePeter Hagström <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Offered within the T.I.M.E. association.
ApplicationApply for this course at antagning.se through this
Please note that you need to log in at antagning.se to finalize your application.
The objective with the course is to give the student a deeper knowledge in both technical and non-technical issues concerning sustainability and its interaction with economic issues.
After the course the student should be able to:
- account for the general principles of sustainability and how it interacts with economic conditions and restrictions
- account for the principles of large infrastructure systems, ase.g.transport and water systems, related to sustainability and economics
- describe alternative measurement tools to GDP
- account for the meaning of Clean Tech for a sustainable development
Course main content
1. Replacing GDP as a measure of progress
2. Local Sustainable Development
3. European issues on Sustainability & Economics
4. Sustainable transport systems in a global context
5. Climate Change and the Conditions for Industrial Transformation
6. Corporate Social Responsibility
7. Clean Tech - Using Technology to Change the World
8. Water Resources and Management
Lectures: 24 h (8 x 3 h)
Seminars: 32 h (8 x 4 h)
Study visits: 2 á 8 h, including student presentations
A minimum of 150 credits within one or several of the following subjects: technical, scientific, architecture and or economy, plus English knowledge which is equivalent to English A.
B.Sc. or 180 ECTS credits in the field of Engineering, or corresponding education.
Delges av respektive lärare och görs tillgänglig på Bilda.
- INL1 - Individual Assignments, 5.0 credits, grade scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- NÄR1 - Attendance, , grade scale: P, F
- SEM1 - Seminars, , grade scale: P, F
• NÄR1 – Attendance, scale of grading: P, F
• INL1 – Individual assignments, scale of grading: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
• SEM1 – Seminars, scale of grading: P, F
Requirements for final grade
Compulsory participation at all course items (NÄR, 0 credits)
Approval on all individual assignments (INL, 5 credits)
Participation and approval at all seminars (SEM, 0 credits)
Peter Hagström, Peter.Hagstrom@energy.kth.se
Torsten Fransson <email@example.com>
Course plan valid from:
Examination information valid from: Spring 11.