SI3320 Phenomenology of Elementary Particle Physics 10.0 credits
Fenomenologi för elementarpartikelfysik
Educational levelThird cycle
Academic level (A-D)D
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
- To obtain a deeper understanding of the phenomenology of elementary particle physics.
- To know about the common methods and approaches to solving problems within the area.
- To understand the link between theoretical and experimental elementary particle physics.
Course main content
Part I: neutrino physics, 2.5 ECTS credits
Part II: Active participation in the "Journal Club", 2.5 ECTS credits
Part III: Active participation in a "summer school" in theoretical elementary particle physics, 2.5 ECTS credits
Part IV: An elective part of the phenomenology of elementary particle physics (not neutrino physics), 2.5 ECTS credits
- E.Kh. Akhmedov, Neutrino Physics, hep-ph/0001264
- G.G. Raffelt and W. Rodejohann, Massive Neutrinos in Astrophysics, hep-ph/9912397
Requirements for final grade
- To solve all the problems in the literature for Part I.
- To participate actively in at least one semester of the "Journal Club" for the group in theoretical elementary particle physics.
- To participate actively in at least one international "summer school".
- To read and understand any book on the phenomenology of elementary particle physics (not neutrino physics).
Tommy Ohlsson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Course plan valid from: Spring 09.