Behörighet och urval
Masterprogram, geodesi och geoinformatik (TGEGM), Utbildningsplan för kull HT11
Senast ändrad: 2011-12-12
General admission requirements
The general admission requirements are the same for all programmes General admission requirements (http://www.kth.se/studies/master/application?l=en)
“Selection criteria for the master programme are: previous BSc/MSc degree, university, grade of previous course work and relevant working experiences. Documented excellence in mathematics or computer programming and basic knowledge in surveying, mapping or GIS are recognized as merits.”
Specific admission requirements
The specific requirements may be assessed as not fulfilled if
- the average grade is in the lower third on the grading scale used (above pass level)
- the degree awarding institution is not considered to meet acceptable quality standards by the authorities of the country in which the institution is located
- the degree does not qualify for admission to equivalent Master level in the country where the degree is awarded
Specific admission requirements for this master's programme are:
- a bachelors degree within civil engineering, environmental engineering, geodesy, GIS, computer science or other subject relevant to the scope of the programme.
- good knowledge and practical skills in computer science, especially in computer programming.
- good knowledge in mathematics including mathematical analysis, linear algebra and mathematical statistics.
The students are required to be proficient in English, equivalent to English studies at upper secondary level (post-16) in Sweden, called English B. Equivalent knowledge in English can be verified through an internationally recognised test as for example:
- IELTS (an overall mark of 6.5 and no section below 5.5)