Master (Two Years), Innovative Sustainable Energy Engineering (TIEEM), Study programme for batch Autumn 09
Last edit: 12/03/2010
Beyond the objectives which are specified in the Higher Education Degree Ordinance there are also specific goals for this programme. After completing the programme the student should:
Knowledge and understanding
- Have a broad, scientific foundation to be able to work within the energy engineering area. It should comprise knowledge about sustainable systems, energy sources and usage, and judgements of technical, economical, and environmentally-related consequences related to different energy re-usage processes.
- Show broad knowledge within this technical area, including knowledge in mathematics and natural science, and essentially deepened knowledge within certain parts of the area.
Skills and abilities
- Show a good ability to, independently as well as in a group, be able to apply knowledge and abilities in practical activities with regards to relevant scientific professional and social judgements and viewpoints.
- Show a good ability to analyse, formulate, and handle technical problems from a system perspective, with an overview on their life-cycle, from idea/need to specification, development, maintenance and termination, and the ability to set conditions, decide necessary resource consumption and manage processes for problem solving and realisation.
- Possess individual and professional skills like languages, leadership, project management, and communication for work as an engineer in a leadership role or as a leader in a technical intensive company, or in order to be able to continue toward a research career.
Ability to make judgments and adopt a standpoint
- Have very good understanding that engineering-related problems are often complex, can be incompletely defined and sometimes contain conflicting goals and conditions.
- Be aware of the responsibility and the ethical viewpoints which can arise in connection with different technical, organisational, economical, ecological and social activities.