Crosscuts Film Festival 2018: Bridges21 jun 2018
We are happy to announce that EHL in collaboration with Miyase Christensen successfully applied for funding from Formas and that we will run a film festival, art and research event on environmental humanities this fall. The theme is Bridges. We will follow up on this not only in the program, but also in the choice of venues and the targeted audience. We aim to build bridges between different areas and the diversity in Stockholm, by reaching out to both academics and segregated groups. But we also aim to build bridges inside the Division between the different research themes we have going on here.
Stories and Seeds Finale with Wall-E11 apr 2018
The last session of the Stories and Seeds film-forums will revolve around the idea of Earth as a spaceship with the film “Wall·E” (2008). The event will be chaired by Sabine Höhler, physicist and historian who currently heads the Division of History of Science, Technology and Environment at KTH. Sabine’s research interests cover the cultural history of science and technology, environmental history and feminist science and technology studies. Her work on the history of space flight and ecology focuses on Spaceship Earth as a key metaphor in the late twentieth-century debate over the world’s resources and the future of humanity.
Stories and Seeds film-forums: Expedition to the End of the World20 dec 2017
16 January: The fourth session of the Stories and Seeds film-forums will deal with the role of the media in framing Arctic climate change with the film “Expedition to the End of the World” (2013).
Upcoming EHL Events
23novemberfr 2018-11-23 - sö 2018-11-25 01:00EHL Events Crosscuts Film Festival 2018: Bridges
- The Government's Business? : Swedish Foreign Policy and Commercial Mineral Interests in Liberia, 1955–1980
- Thinking through Heterogeneous Infrastructure Configurations
- “Democracy Happens Where the People Are” : Social Conflict, Deliberation and Youth Perspectives in Post-Gezi Turkey
- ‘‘Right to the City’’ and the Structure of Civic Organizational Fields : Evidence from Cape Town
- Mother tongue instruction in Sweden and Denmark : Language policy, cross-field effects, and linguistic exchange rates