Recent updates regarding and involving the AdBIOPRO competence centre
Welcome to the public PhD defence of Liang Zhang "Development of mathematical modelling for the glycosylation of IgG in CHO cell cultures". Liang has been working in SmartFD project and in the AdBIOPRO Competence Centre.
The defence will be open for public at KTH main campus and also accessible via ZOOM.
Time: Thursday 2020-June-04, 15:00 (3 PM CEST)
Videoconf.: kth-se.zoom.us/j/67302879470 , Stockholm (English)
Doctoral student: Liang Zhang, Dept. Industrial Biotechnology/Cell Technology group CETEG, AdBIOPRO, VINNOVA Competence Centre for Advanced Bioproduction by Continuous Processing
Link to the thesis
Professor Michael J. Betenbaugh, Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore
Chairwoman of the Public Defence
Assoc. Prof. Ines Ezcurra, Dept. Industrial Biotechnology, CBH School, KTH
Members of the Committee Evaluation (Jury):
Professor Sara Lindén, Department of Medical Biochemistry and Cell biology at Institute of Biomedicine, Göteborg University, Sweden
Professor Carl-Fredrik Mandenius, Division of Biotechnology, Department of Physics, Chemistry and Biology (IFM), Linköping University, Sweden
Professor Erik Fransén, Div Computational Science and Technology, KTH, Sweden
Joaquin Gomis Fons (Lund Univeristy) has recenetly published another article about the Optimization of a periodic counter-current chromatography (PCC) integrated in a downstream process for the purification of monoclonal antibodies in Jornal of Chromatography A
- Optimal values of capture productivity and resin utilization were obtained from a model-based optimization.
- This is the first (to our knowledge) study of the integration alternatives of multi-column continuous chromatography in a downstream process.
- Integration approaches with higher cycle time leads to lower productivity.
- The integrated downstream process was validated experimentally at lab scale with two ÄKTA pure systems.
Joaquin Gomis Fons (Lund Univeristy) and Hubert Schwarz (KTH) have have published their article about the Model‐based design and control of a small‐scale integrated continuous end‐to‐end mAb platform in Biotechnology progress.
- A 200 mL ATF perfusion bioreactor and a single chromatography system were integrated in a compact design.
- Real-time model-based control strategies in the downstream process were implemented to achieve an automated and optimal operation.
- A maximum productivity of 0.8 mg/mL day of purified product was obtained, with a recovery time of less than 4 hours.
Mingliang Wang (Post-Doc at AdBIOPRO) has published his article about the Identification of nonlinear kinetics of macroscopic bio-reactions using multilinear Gussian processes in Computers & Chemical Engineering.
Hubert Schwarz (PhD student at AdBIOPRO) has now published his article about very high cell density perfusion process in small-scale bioreactor perfusion system in J. of Biotechnology. The article is available at the link below (free of access until Feb 18, 2020).
- Cell densities of HEK293 cells and CHO cells maintained at 80 and 100 x 10^6 cells/mL
- Novel small-scale perfusion bioreactor system for animal/human cells with working volumes < 250 mL
- Very low cell specific perfusion rate down to 10 pL/cell/day
- HEK293 cell expressing Erythropoietin cultured in high cell density perfusion process more than 75 days
The AdBIOPRO centre wishes everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Welcome to the PhD defence of Erika Hagrot on Nov 13 at 10:00, room FB54.
Title: "Macroscopic models of Chinese hamster ovary cell cultures"
Opponent: Assoc. Prof. Nathan Lewis, UCSD, San Diego, CA, USA
Assoc. Prof. Carl Johan Franzén, Chalmers Univ., Sweden
Dr. Anna Maria Sandén, Octapharma, Sweden
CNRS Researcher Emmanuel Guedon, Université de Lorraine, France
Supervisor: Veronique Chotteau
Co-Supervisor: Prof. Andres Forsgren, Dept. Mathematics, KTH
Nathan Lewis will give a seminar at 15:00 on Nov 13