As the application period is over, the next thing on everyone’s mind is funding this prestigious education if it comes through.
The Swedish Institute offers a range of scholarships for various 150 countries for higher education in Sweden. To view the 450 available scholarships, click here
The Scholarship for the masters programme is now open! You can find out if you are eligible (a citizen from the selected 140 countries) here. On that page, select your country from the drop-down list to know what scholarship opportunities are available for you.
The largest group covered is the “Swedish Insitute Study Scholarship” for developing countries. It is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as Sweden has long-term cooperation with and for other OECD/DAC countries.
Most of the questions concerning scholarships have also come from this group. To this end, this post would be centred on this particular scholarship.
To me, the most important part of the scholarship is this:
you must have proven leadership experience and at least 3,000 hours of work experience. It is also important that you have a clear plan of how your studies in Sweden can contribute to the development in your home country.
WHAT DOES THE SCHOLARSHIP COVER?
- Tuition fees: directly paid to the Swedish university
- Living expenses of SEK 9,000/month
- Travel grant of SEK 15,000 ( One-time payment. Not applicable to students already living in Sweden)
- Insurance against illness and accident
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders
– a platform to grow your network and experience, while in Sweden
- Membership of the SI Alumni Network after your scholarship period – a platform for further professional development and to stay in touch
ARE THERE ANY EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE?
Yes, you may meet the basic requirement of wanting to study a master’s programme and being a citizen of the listed countries but you might still not be eligible. You can find out here
If you have checked all this, and you are eligible, next see the required documents.
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Two letters of reference
- Proof of work and leadership experience
- A copy of your passport.
There are certain templates that you must adhere to, the instructions for these templates are given on this page.
The application period is from 2nd February to the 9th of February. So, if this what you have been waiting for, do not wait for the last day. Apply now!