Do you know that KTH would host the 12th Annual International Sustainable Campus Network (ISCN) in June? Oh well, now you know:)
WHAT IS ISCN?
The International Sustainable Campus Network provides a global forum to support leading colleges, universities and corporate campuses in the exchange of information, ideas and best practices for acheiving sustainable campus operations and integrating sustainability in research and training.
The theme of ISCN 2018 is: Sustainable Development: Acting with Purpose
There was a call for abstract which was due 15th January. Here is a list of possible topics that were available then:
- Promoting education for sustainable development
- Promoting research for sustainable development
- The role of academia in advancing the Sustainable Development Goals
- Sustainable meeting solutions: Including examples of how Higher Education Institutes reduce their own impacts using mediated reality and technology for travel-free meetings
- Gender, Diversity and Representation: Higher Education Institutes and Sustainable Development
- The role of investment in supporting Sustainable Development
- Campus operations, Campus Facilities and Campus development
- Campus as Living Lab – education, research and collaboration in campus projects
- Projects on campus (e.g., building, apps, student engagement, etc.)
- Challenge driven education for global sustainable development
- Incentives for integrating Sustainable Development in Higher Education Institutes- including major university excellence ranking and rating organizations.
Take a look at the programme planned for the conference here
I am very excited that this is taking place at KTH this year as you know that I believe everyone should take conscious efforts towards a sustainable lifestyle in all that we do. Furthermore, I have exciting news for you, if you are a KTH student! You can volunteer for this event!!
You can volunteer as a technical support or a host. You can find more details about this here
There are benefits to volunteering for this programme and they include:
- Free conference registration with free access to the conference’s day sessions (worth 3300 SEK)
- All coffee breaks and lunches are provided
- A chance to meet and network with established members of an international network devouted to sustainability and student sustainability peers!
- A certificate of participation signed by KTH Sustainability Office
- And a really cool KTH t-shirt!
WHAT ARE THE APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS?
No previous experience is required and there’s no preference for any discipline or background (Good news right?). All you need to do is to send:
- Curriculum Vitae (In English)
- Short motivation on why you want to be a student volunteer.
Send this to Erica-Dawn Egan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Important information: The deadline to send in your application is March 2nd.
So, if you are interested in sustainability and to make an impact, what are you waiting for?