Now that the examination is over and the sun is out, it is time for us to relax and explore activities. This study period would be remembered for being most different; with zoom classes, zoom projects, zoom exams. Its time to quite online and head out into the sun (with social distancing of course!). So here is a list of activities which you can indulge yourself.
- Running/Working out: Stockholm is synonymous to nature. There are a number of running trails and scenic places to lay down your yoga mat for a stretch. There are also numerous outdoor gyms around the city that is open for public.
- Cycling: My personal favourite thing about Stockholm is the smooth cycle tracks throughout the city. With the cold away for some time, I find cycling to the best way to explore the city. And Stockholm is a real treat to mountain bikers. The forests around Stockholm have well-maintained MTB trails that will certainly keep you engaged.
- Swimming/ Boating/ Kayaking: Stockholm is a city of islands and I have seen more water here than land. There are a number of lakes where you can have a refreshing dip. There is also a number of communities for kayaking or such water activities which you can be part of.
- BBQ Parties: You can celebrate surviving the semester and end of examinations with BBQ parties. Lappis especially has numerous bbq grills near the beaches for public use. Let the inner chef rule the sunny day.
- Sunbathing: If you are not really in the mood to be doing activities, then just head out with your sunscreen and lie down on the warm lawns in the city and soak in that sun which you missed for the last six months.
I have found Stockholm to be an amazing city with numerous activities to keep you engaged during the summer. Although the current situation has ruined my plans of exploring other European cities, I will continue to enjoy what Stockholm has to offer.