Being at KTH offers a wide range of opportunities that we as students can explore for personal and professional growth. The campus is buzzing with jobs, activities, and events where one could volunteer for. This would help in socializing and making new friends and also we get to learn a lot. So here is a list of such activities which students can apply for. However, there are a ton of things that would pop up as we move along the semester. So I would recommend keeping an eye on the official KTH website, blog page, and Instagram page.
1. International Student Blogger/Instagrammer: I would start off the list with the work I am involved in. Students have the opportunity to work as a blogger/Instagrammer. I am having an amazing experience here writing about student life at KTH, travel stories, recommending potential students about the admissions, applications, accommodation, and everything about Sweden. And the best thing is that this is a paid job.
2. International Student Ambassador: Each master’s degree program has one student ambassador whose responsibility is to answer the queries of potential students who wish to join KTH in the future.
3. KTH Innovation: KTH Innovation is another great opportunity on campus where students, researchers are provided with the opportunity to convert their early-stage ideas to businesses/startups. With assistance such as mentoring, funding, networking, coworking spaces, and much more, KTH Innovation offers hands-on experience in entrepreneurship that no classes can compete with.
4. Student organizations: There are a number of student-run organizations such as KTH Hyperloop, THS Armada, and many more. There are technical associations, and volunteering for organizing events such as Armada which is a career fair. More about these associations in the next blog.
5. Malvina: Malvina is a network of female and non-binary students at KTH and together with companies host lectures, workshops to build up business networks among the members.
The list is a selected few out of tons of other opportunities at KTH. Do comment below if you have any questions regarding any of these.