More than 900 students attended the webinar on the application process at KTH and we received more than 950 questions about the application process. You can watch the webinar here again. In this blog post, I summarize the most frequently asked questions during the webinar that you might have too.
- What are the two deadlines on 15th January and 01st February about?
The first deadline on 15th January 2021 is the last day to rank and prioritize your master’s programme and university. The ranking cannot be changed later. 01st February 2021 is the last date to upload all the necessary supporting documents and pay the application fee (if applicable).
- Will I get a confirmation mail if I have submitted all the supporting documents?
No, It is the responsibility of the student to verify that you are uploading all the supporting documents and you might not get a mail if there is any document missing which can cost the admission result.
- I have already written my motivation letter for the application. Should I apply separately for a Scholarship?
Yes, the motivation letter for the scholarship is different and should be uploaded on the forum on the kth website. Note that scholarship application will be considered only if that master’s programme is your first ranked on university admissions.
- I am currently in my final year of bachelor’s degree and do not my degree certificate yet. What is the alternative?
If you are pursuing your bachelor’s degree, you are still encouraged to apply. You will need to submit a document from your bachelor university that you are an active student in the final year. You will later have to submit your final degree certificate once you graduate.
- The medium of instruction for my bachelor’s degree is in English. Should I still take up the standardised English tests such as Tofel and IELTS?
The answer would depend on the country you are pursuing your bachelor’s degree. Kindly refer to the country-specific information here.
- I do not have a passport yet. Is there an alternative?
The passport can be replaced with a national identity card that is acceptable by university admissions.
- There are two tracks in my Master’s Programme. Should I apply to both of them or only to the one I am interested in?
The tracks from the same master’s programme have completely different learning goals and courses. Thus it is important to decide on which track to pursue and apply specifically to that particular track.
- The summary sheet also has the option of entering my motivation for the specific master’s programme. Should I also attach a separate letter of motivation?
To be on the safer side, I would upload a separate copy of the motivation letter as another attachment along with typing it in the summary sheet.
- Can my referee submit the letter of recommendation themselves online?
Currently, there is no means to upload the letter of recommendations by the referee themselves. Either the student has to upload the LOR as a supporting document. The other alternative is that the referee mails the letter to the university through a postal mail.
- When is the scholarship results announced?
Usually, the scholarship results would be announced a week before the final results on 9th April 2021 are announced.
I hope these answers provide you with clarity on the admissions processes. Feel free to post in the comments below if you have further questions. We would be happy to answer them for you.