The Underwater Reconnaissance UAV is a student project in which we design and build an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) which carries a sonar device to open water. Being equipped with sonar, the UAV can measure water depth, “listen” for activities and localize objects underwater.
Integrating sonar into a small airborne system allows us to very quickly and inexpensively access locations like shallow and obstructed sites which are difficult to access by conventional means. Our concept utilises a small fixed wing aircraft as the carrier for the sonar device. We design for harsh flight conditions and a large range. The system features:
- Lightweight design
- High robustness and reliable systems
- Operational in rough weather conditions
- Vertical take-off from water
Find out more more:
- Our concept: Learn more about technical details of the concept
- Current status: The Underwater Reconnaissance UAV is an active project. Follow its progress!
- The team: Get to know the team
- Get in contact : Want to get involved? Contact us!
We are also looking for sponsors.