KTH scholar Dr. Henrik Ernstson joining The University of Manchester part-time from Aug 201714 Aug 2017
Dr. Henrik Ernstson at the KTH Royal Institute of Technology will from 1 Aug 2017 start a 10% part-time Human Geography position at The University of Manchester’s School of Environment, Education and Development.
The Travelling Scientist's Itinerary9 Aug 2017
This project began as a blog, The Travelling Scientist, inviting fellow academics to contribute with stories and reflections about academic travelling. The blog later expanded into a project, “Travelling Without Borders,” funded by KTH-Sustainability. The project allowed for more systematic work with the blog content that could be used for formulating an online survey on academic travelling, a workshop at KTH and an op-ed article “Klimatforskarna förvärrar utsläpp” [“Climate scientists aggravate emissions”] in one of the largest Swedish dailies, the Svenska Dagbladet.
New book, edited by Marco Armiero and Richard Tucker21 Jun 2017
"Lampedusa, Indomeni and Ventimiglia are the centers of a new geography of Europe, places which embody the fact that migration, borders, and bodies intertwine, creating a political ecology of humans’ movement and state’s control. Routes of hopes and desperation crisscross the Mediterranean; acts of violence and disobedience dot the fortified borders of Europe
Upcoming EHL Events
2OctoberMon 2017-10-02 - Fri 2017-10-06
- Transaktionsdimman på nätet hotar digitaliseringen
- Storytelling : From the early Anthropocene to the good or the bad Anthropocene
- Remote sensing : Digital data at a distance
- Hållbar utveckling i norra Sverige : Bundna mönster och historiska brytpunkter
- Global Climate Talks from Failure to Cooperation and Hope : Swedish News Framings of COP15 and COP21