Stories and Seeds Finale with Wall-E11 Apr 2018
The last session of the Stories and Seeds film-forums will revolve around the idea of Earth as a spaceship with the film “Wall·E” (2008). The event will be chaired by Sabine Höhler, physicist and historian who currently heads the Division of History of Science, Technology and Environment at KTH. Sabine’s research interests cover the cultural history of science and technology, environmental history and feminist science and technology studies. Her work on the history of space flight and ecology focuses on Spaceship Earth as a key metaphor in the late twentieth-century debate over the world’s resources and the future of humanity.
Stories and Seeds film-forums: Expedition to the End of the World20 Dec 2017
16 January: The fourth session of the Stories and Seeds film-forums will deal with the role of the media in framing Arctic climate change with the film “Expedition to the End of the World” (2013).
New project at the LAB12 Dec 2017
Upcoming EHL Events
- No up-to-date calendar events right now.
- Bourdieu, language and spatiality : On competence as a linguistic sense of placement
- Are dead zones dead?: Environmental collapse in popular media about eutrophication in sea-based systems.
- Challenging the valley of death: A typology and case of smart grid demonstration projects in India
- Project report STandUP: Smart grid development in India
- Struggles and competing narratives at business events: Case of smart grid development in India