The school will focus on the theme of public environmental humanities. In that spirit, we invite an additional eight students to participate in the school. We hope that PhD students (or Master students and post-docs) from a variety of backgrounds will apply and be part of the school.
The ENHANCE students and instructors themselves represent a great deal of disciplinary and interdisciplinary training, in fields such as anthropology, creative writing, history, geography, marine policy, literature, STS, and social science. So, come join a growing network of environmental humanities scholars!
The schedule for the 2017 ENHANCE School gives students opportunity to explore, debate, and practice different modes and venues in which the public environmental humanities can materialise, such as filmmaking, exhibitions, policy/advocacy work, and journalism.
- The School is developed for the twelve (12) PhD students in the ENHANCE program, but we seek 8-10 additional students. PhD, master students, and post docs can apply.
- We invite applications from all disciplinary backgrounds: natural sciences, social sciences, humanities, and the arts.
- Lectures, workshops, and activities will be in English.
- Students will be required to participate in all the activities of the School, including attendance/participation, readings, and workshop activities.
- A limited number of travel grants will be available for successful applicants in order to cover completely or partially their travel and accommodation expenses.
- The student is responsible for arranging his/her stay during the school though we will provide some suggestions for accommodation.
- Lunch and refreshments throughout the day will be provided for the students.
- If desired, students will receive a certificate of participation, which they may use to claim ECTS.