Recent Publications & Articles
We write over a hundred publications and articles per year at the Division. From debate articles in Swedens biggest newspapers such as Dagens Nyheter and Svenska Dagbladet to peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals such as the International Journal of History and Ethics of Natural Sciences, Technology and Medicine; Sustainability; Polar Record and Popular Communication.
To openly publish research results and ideas is a core value in academic work and a sign that the research is interesting, relevant and of sufficient quality. While publishing in English in respected and highly cited journals and books on university presses remain the norm for high quality publications we believe it is important to also maintain diversity. Publications reaching out to different audiences in Swedish and other languages outside the Anglophone world are a priority for us and also is part of our training of young scholars.
The Division has access to especially interesting research material. The KTH Library hosts KTH’s older collection, an easily accessible library within the library of older technical literature. KTH’s older collection is unique in several regards, not only because it contains rare materials from a range of technological fields, it also covers a long time period, from the early 19th century to the 1960s, with some material going as far back as the 16th and 17th centuries. You can easily trace patterns of change in the literature within a certain area of technology as the books are displayed in the order that they were acquired.
In connection to KTH’s book collection there is also a comprehensive research library for the history of science, technology and environment. In addition to monographs and anthologies all the leading journals in the field are available.
- Combining Old Hydrological And New Nuclear Tradition : Energy complexes as the solution to Soviet electricity scarcity
- Nuclear Decision-making in the Soviet Union : Investigating Water in Expert Cultures Concerned with the Siting of Nuclear Power Plants
- Chernobyl's Transnational Environmental Legacy
- Oil for Development : France, Italy, and the Future of Algeria (1956-1971)
- Ett kunskapsförakt utan motstycke
- Energy Security
- Techno-Diplomacy of the Planetary Periphery : 1960s–1970s
- Politics, industry, and tourism : The conceptual construction of the Blue Highway
- Humanioras nya berättelse : Om vikten av att synliggöra den ”dolda humanioran”
- Source Criticism as a Technology of Government in the Swedish Psychological Defence : The Impact of Humanistic Knowledge on Contemporary Security Policy
- Därför är Wikipedia fortfarande grabbarnas arena
- Environmental Violence and Postnatural Oceans : Low-Trophic Theory in the Registers of Feminist Posthumanities
- Does the science criterion rest on thin ice?
- The Swedish initiative and the 1972 Stockholm Conference : the decisive role of science diplomacy in the emergence of global environmental governance
- Interspecies Bodies and Watery Sonospheres : Listening in the Lab, the Archives and the Field
- Siirtomaapolitiikkaa Saamenmaalla? Historiografisia näkökulmia Suomesta ja Ruotsista.
- "Sänk trösklarna för idéburna aktörer att driva skolor"
- Trettio år gamla skolreformer måste kunna omprövas
- Rise to Energy Power : The Soviet Way into the Petroleum Age, 1930s to 1950s
- Natural Resources and the New Frontier. Constructing Modern China's Borderlands.
- Ecology and Power in the Age of Empire. Europe and the Transformation of the Tropical World.
- Grundat 1876 : Historia och företagsidentitet inom Ericsson
- Taming Exotic Beauties : Swedish Hydro Power Constructions in Tanzania in the Era of Development Assistance, 1960s - 1990s
- The Nature of Mafia : An Environmental History of the Simeto River Basin, Sicily
- From present to future development pathways in fragile mountain landscapes