Publications of the researchers at the Centre for the Future of Places in 2017
- Olsson, K., Nilsson, D. and Haas, T. (ed.) 2016. Urbanismer - Dagens stadsbyggande i retorik och praktik (Urbanisms - Contemporary Town Planning in Rethoric and Practice), Lund: Nordic Academic Press (BOOK), ISBN 978-91-88168-04-7
- Haas, T. (ed.) 2016. Defining the Elements of Urbanism: Selected Works 2010-2014, KTH - Royal Institute of Technology US-AB Press: Stockholm, ISBN: 978-91-7595-833-0
- Haas, T. 2016. Re-urbanism - Att läka stadens öppna sår (ReUrbanism: To heal the cities open wounds) IN Olsson, K., Nilsson, D. and Haas, T. 2016.
- Urbanismer - Dagens stadsbyggande i retorik och praktik (Urbanisms - Contemporary Town Planning in Rethoric and Practice), Lund: Nordic Academic Press, 184-195 peer reviewed
- Wells, W., Haas, T. and Littke, H. (f2016) “Creating Green Space in the Compact City - A Swedish Perspective on a Global Issue” IN ‘Growing compact. Urban form, density and sustainability’, edited by Joo-Hwa Philip Bay and Steffen Lehmann, Routledge, London; to be published in 2016 peer reviewed
- Haas, T. and Van Duijne, R. (eds.) 2016. Challenges for Metropolitan Urban Regions, KTH - Royal Institute of Technology US-AB Press: Stockholm, ISBN: 978-91-7595-774-6
- Nijkamp, P., Kourtit, K., Glaeser, E., Snickars, F., Anselin, L., Batty, M., Florida, R., Sassen, S., Haas, T. and others (et.al.) 2016. “Towards a Regional Science Academy: A Manifesto”, REGION, The Journal of ERSA, Volume 3, Number. 1 2016, R1-R16, peer reviewed, ISSN: 2409-5370 Vienna, Austria.
- Haas, T. 2016. Essays on Urbanism: City Planning and Urban Design in Transformation: Various Writings and Research Ideas, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, Saarbrücken, OmniScriptum Publishing Group, ISBN: 978-3659871436 (Book)
- Haas, T. and Locke, R. (f2016) “Sustainable Urbanism Solutions for Breaking the Bonds of Concentrated Poverty in Public Housing: Just and Dignified Spaces & Places for City Living” (Journal of Urban Design ISSN 2096-1235 CN 10-1376/TU) peer reviewed
- Haas, T. and Westlund, H. (eds.) (2017). IN THE POST-URBAN WORLD” - EMERGENT TRANSFORMATIONS OF CITIES AND REGIONS IN THE INNOVATIVE GLOBAL ECONOMY, (Book) Routledge: London, ISBN: 978-1138943926 peer reviewed
- Haas, T. and Farrell, K. (f2017) The Future of Public Spaces in the Dawn of Rapid Urban Growth, IN THE POST-URBAN WORLD” - EMERGENT TRANSFORMATIONS OF CITIES AND REGIONS IN THE INNOVATIVE GLOBAL ECONOMY, (Book) Routledge: London, ISBN: 978-1138943926 peer reviewed
- Farrell, K. and Haas, T. 2017. “Rapid Urban Growth & The Future of Public Spaces: Shifting Developing Agendas and a New Roadmap”, International Journal of Arts and Humanities (IJAH) ISSN-2360-7998 peer reviewed D’Acci, L., Haas, T. and Bardhan, R. (editors) 2017. Urban Forms and Future Cities, Urban Planning, Vol 2, No 1 (2017) Open Access Journal ISSN: 2183-7635 Cogitatio (Li sbon, Portugal)
- Haas, T. and Troglio, E. 2017. Energy transect modeling and sustainable urban cells approach: Harmonizing the urban and green tissues, International Scientific Journal: Micro Macro & Mezzo Geo information, ISSN: 1857-9000
Haas, T. and Farrel, K. 2016. Rapid Urbanization and The Future of Places, presented at ERSA, 56th European Regional Science Association Congress °° Cities & Regions: Smart, Sustainable, Inclusive? °° 23-26 August 2016, Vienna, Austria, Special Session on: “In the Post Urban World - Emergent Transformation of Cities and Regions in the Innovative Global Economy”.
Haas, T., Olsson, K. and Locke, R. 2017. Urban Heritage as a Generator of Landscapes: Building New Geographies From Post-Urban Declineto be presented at the “Reflecting Histories and Directing Futures” THE NORDIC ASSOCIATION OF ARCHITECTURAL RESEARCH, NAF, organised by NAF, AHO and NMBU, in Oslo, Norway 15-16 June 2017.
Haas, T. 2017. Challenges and Promises of Urban Design: Heritage, Cultural Urbanism and the Temporary City, presented at the Rowe Rome Conference 2017, CITIES OF GOOD INTENTIONS (Le città delle buone intenzioni), Urban Design Dialogues, Dialoghi di progettazione urbana, June 21-June 23, 2017, Sapienza Università di Roma, School of Engineering, San Pietro in Vincoli.
Haas, T. 2017. MUSE - Moving from Objects to Places (Urbanism Program), presented at the Rowe Rome Conference 2017, CITIES OF GOOD INTENTIONS (Le città delle buone intenzioni), Urban Design Dialogues, Dialoghi di progettazione urbana, June 21-June 23, 2017, Sapienza Università di Roma, School of Engineering, San Pietro in Vincoli.
- Cities Alive: Jane Jacobs, Christopher Alexander, and the Roots of the New Urban Renaissance (Book, published October)
- “Engaging informality in the New Urban Agenda” (submitted, now in review, Berkeley Planning Journal)
- Special issue, “The Future of Places” - introduction and conclusion, and working with authors. (All submitted, now in review, Urban Design International)
- Neighborhood “choice architecture”: A new tool for lower-emissions urban planning?”(submitted to Urban Planning)
- “Evaluating Landscape urbanism through the claimed precedent of Lafayette Park, Detroit” - with Ryan Locke and Peter Elmlund (Now in review, Journal of Urbanism)
- “Urban Heritage as a Generator of Landscapes: Building New Geographies From Post-Urban Decline in Detroit” - paper with Ryan Locke, Tigran and Krister Olsson (plan to submit to a geography journal)
- “From the Charter of Athens to the New Urban Agenda” - paper – paper co-authored with Setha Low (plan to submit to Town Planning Review)
- In the Post-Urban World: Innovative Transformations in Global City Regions (Co-editor: Tigran Haas) London: Routledge
- Social networks, job satisfaction and job searching behavior in the Chinese labor market. China Economic Review, Vol 43, 2017, pp 1-15. (Co-authors: Ailun Xiong, Hongyi Li, Yongjian Pu).
- Social Capital and Total Factor Productivity: Evidence from Chinese Provinces. China & World Economy, Vol 26, No 4, 2017, pp. 22-43. (Co-authors: Ailun Xiong, Hongyi Li, Yongjian Pu).
In the Post-Urban World: An Introduction (with Tigran Haas) In Haas T and Westlund H (Eds.) In the Post-Urban World: Innovative Transformations in Global City Regions. London: Routledge 2018
Urban-Rural Relations in the Post-Urban World. In Haas T and Westlund H (Eds.) In the Post-Urban World: Innovative Transformations in Global City Regions. London: Routledge 2018
Disentangling Innovation in Small Food Firms: The role of External Knowledge, Support, and Collaboration. CESIS Electronic Working Paper
Series, Paper No. 446, January 2017. (Co-authors: Lucia Naldi, Pia Nilsson, Sofia Wixe).
- Andreas, Markendahl, Lundberg, Network-centric business models for health, social care and wellbeing solutions in the Internet of things, Scandinavian Journal of Management 2017.
- Andreas, Lundberg, Markendahl, Challenges Adopting Internet-of-Things for Healthcare in Sweden, accepted.
- Markendahl, Lundberg, Movin, The Role and Potential of IoT in Different Ecosystems, in Managing Digital Transformation (Ed Andersson, Movin, Mähring, Teigland, Wennberg), publ 2018.
- Low, S. (2017). Spatializing Culture: The Ethnography of Space and Place. London: Routledge.
- Low, S. and Vigneswaran, D. (Eds.). (2017). Making Space Public. Environment and Planning A. Special Issue
- Low, S. and Z. Gluck (Eds.). (2017). Producing States of Security. Anthropological Theory. Special issue
- Low, S. (2017). Security at Home: Private Securitization Practices. Anthropological Theory.
- Low, S. and Gluck, Z. (2017). A Sociospatial Framework for an Anthropology of Security.Anthropological Theory.
- Vigneswaran, D., Iveson, K. and Low, S. (2017). Problems, Publicity and Public Space: A Resurgent Debate. Environment and Planning A.
- Low, S. (2017) Public Space and the Public Sphere: The Legacy of Neil Smith. Antipode 49: 153-170.
- Low, S. (2017). The Death and Rebirth of Urban Anthropology. In Defining the Urban:Interdisciplinary and Profession Perspectives.. D. Iossifova, C. Doll and A. Gasparatos, eds. London: Routledge. Pps.40-52.