Postdoc on sustainable industry and society, IRIS KTH - Hiring in process/Finished, not possible to apply
This advert is no longer available!
KTH, School of Industrial Engineering and Management
In 2020 a multidisciplinary research initiative on sustainable industry and society, IRIS, was launched at the KTH School of Industrial Engineering and Management. IRIS focuses on knowledge creation and spreading awareness for the paradigm shift needed in decarbonizing energy and industrial systems and transforming towards circular economy approaches. (See here for more information about IRIS: https://www.kth.se/en/itm/forskning/iris)
This particular position has Innovation management, innovation eco-systems and entrepreneurship as a perspective – with an intent on generating new knowledge and good practices about how to spread sustainability-related management practices in organizations. Key questions are to what extent, how and why firms respond to changes in the behavior of their peers, and how fora anchored in the university can facilitate the diffusion of good practice within and across industries.
The duties of the postdoc include:
Conducting innovative research and collaboration within the scope of IRIS. Presentations of research at conferences and meetings, as well as publication of research papers in high-quality journals. Potential involvement in teaching activities, especially in regard to developing new PhD and industrial courses on topics relevant for the IRIS areas. Involved in the ongoing research activities at the two departments: MMK and INDEK.
The postdoc is expected to collaborate with a team of other postdocs and faculty at KTH on research investigating the diffusion of sustainability-related management practices. We consider that there is the possibility for candidates with widely different skills to contribute to research on the adoption of strong sustainability management practices. On the one hand, we value an ability to build, manage and analyze massive databases. On the other hand, we value an ability to conduct research informed by interviews with key stakeholders.
Beyond work on this project, the postdoc will also have time to develop other research within the scope of the IRIS research agenda.
What we offer
- A position at a leading technical university that generates knowledge and skills for a sustainable future
- Engaged and ambitious colleagues along with a creative, international and dynamic working environment
- Works in Stockholm, in close proximity to nature
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- Access to the newly formed IRIS research initiative on sustainable industry and society at KTH with several engaged and dynamic research groups
- A training and career development program for postdocs including networking, courses (such as on PhD student supervision and leadership) and mentorship
- Excellent conditions to take the first stage in your path towards an academic or industrial career by providing strong collaboration partners for top-tier research contributions, international and industrial networks, and mentorship by a diverse team of experienced researchers.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline (With some exceptions for special reasons such as periods of sick or parental leave, kindly indicate if such reason exists in your resume).
As a person, we prefer that you have and can demonstrate:
- excellent ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in English,
- ability to work independently and collaboration skills,
- experience with quantitative research methods,
- awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality
- both scientific skills and educational ability.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competency
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives on KTH's webpage.
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
The position offered is for, at the most, two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Striving towards gender equality, diversity and equal conditions is both a question of quality for KTH and a given part of our values.
For information about the processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||11.Feb.2022 11:59 PM CET|