Borrow and request
Here you will find information about loans of material from the KTH Library Collections. As a KTH user you may suggest or request materials not yet available at KTH.
General information about our loans
The general loan period is 14 days, with automatic renewals up to 180 days. This means that you can keep the book for a minimum of 14 days, and the loan period is then extended for 14 days at a time until someone else makes a reservation on the book, or until 180 days has passed.
Some of the printed materials are directly available in the library, while others need to be requested through our library catalogue Primo.
Boks in open collections can be collected directly from the shelves in the library, but if the book is already on loan or located in another KTH library or the closed stacks, you need to make a request. Once you have found the book you want in the catalogue, click on the link "Loan / Request" and then log in.
If you are a student or staff at KTH, you log in with your KTH account, and if you are not affiliated with KTH you instead use your personal login. If you are having trouble logging in to your KTH account, contact IT Support, and if you are having trouble with your personal login, please contact us .
Course books in Kista and Södertälje
At our libraries in Kista and Södertälje there are course books with a seven day loan period, with up to two renewals unless someone else requests the book. To borrow course books you need to visit the respective libraries, but you can return the books at any of the KTH libraries.
Are you looking for journals in print? If you are looking for printed journals in KTH Library, the architectural journals can be found in the main library, while others are placed in external stacks. You can order article copies from the stacks through the request form Request materials . This service is free for KTH students and employees; others pay according to our price list .
Material from external stacks is delivered within one to two weeks if the book is available., while single article copies will be sent to you by post. When the volume arrives at the Main Library, you will receive an email. This service is free of charge.
For material that is not available at the KTH Library
- Articles from journals that are not available in the KTH Library collections, can be requested by using the order form Request materials . We accept orders from students and employees at KTH, libraries and companies. This service is charged according to our price list .
- The general rule is that we order material needed for studies and research within KTH's subject areas that are not already available at KTH Library.
- Orders from the Nordic countries are free of charge. For orders from other countries, please consult the price list .
- Allow for a delivery time of 1–2 weeks if the book is available.
- Before ordering a book, check if it is already available in our collections. Books that on loan and therefore temporarily unavailable will not be ordered. In that case we recommend putting a request on the book instead.
For students apply
- If the book is available at another library in the Stockholm area – turn to that library for a loan.
- You may have five interlibrary loans at a time.