Mendeley Workshop – getting started with reference management
Welcome to an introduction to Mendeley.
Time: Wed 2020-03-25 10.00 - 12.00
Lecturer: Lina Andrén & Sara Akramy
This workshop introduces the reference management software Mendeley. The target audience is PhD students and researchers. We will look at the basic mechanisms of reference management with Mendeley. There will be time for trying out the software and asking questions.
During the workshop you will learn how to:
- Create a Mendeley account, syncronize with the desktop app and organize your references
- Import references from different databases
- Create citations and bibliographies in Word
- How to configure Mendeley to export a bib-file to use with LaTeX
- Importing a bib-file from Mendeley to Overleaf
Preparations: Be sure to have the program installed on your computer before the workshop. For KTH computers running Windows you can find it through the KTH Software center. Other users can download from www.mendeley.com Bring your own computer to the workshop.