The doctoral programme Medical Technology is a co-operation between KTH and Karolinska Institute.
The co-operation means that the doctoral student will be admitted to both universities at the same time, enabling the application for a joint degree. CBH process and administers all KTH’s doctoral student’s applicants in this joint programme.
Overall Purpose and Goal
The overall goal of the doctoral education is to provide society with independent and high quality researchers that through research, development, teaching and / or investigative work promote health and sustainable development in various areas of society.
After completed studies, the student should be able to:
- describe and explain the theories and empirical findings in their specialist area
- formulate specific research questions in their specialist area
- use scientific methods and develop new knowledge through their own scientific studies
- critically analyze and evaluate the methods and results from their own and others scientific studies
- present and discuss research findings in the scientific community
- present research in an educational way outside the scientific community and in educational contexts
- assess the ethical aspects of research in their specialist area and act on these as well as
- identify needs for new knowledge, and understand how to initiate, fund and manage research
- participate in interdisciplinary cooperation in the current problem area and
- analyze the role of research in social development
More about the education can be found in the STH Handbook.
Programme Director and Deputy Director of Third-Cycle Education
All emails regarding this program should be sent to the following email address.
Hälsovägen 11 C
141 57 Huddinge