PDC Pub and Open House 2017
PDC warmly invites you to join us for the 2017 "PDC Pub and Open House" where you are welcome to take a tour of the PDC machine room and see our current supercomputer systems Beskow and Tegner, as well as enjoying a drink and snacks while attending our popular mini-symposium consisting of short talks showcasing the work of some of the early-stage researchers and others who use PDC's resources.
Time: Wed 2017-05-24 14.30 - 17.30
Location: PDC, 4th floor, Teknikringen 14, Stockholm
The afternoon will begin with a brief welcome and introduction by Erwin Laure, the Director of PDC, followed by a mini-symposium consisting of 10-minute talks about research by PDC users (see the schedule below). After the talks, tours of the computer hall will be lead by our Deputy Director, Gert Svensson. As Gert has been present for the whole of the development of PDC, he can fill you in on lots of interesting historical details, as well as answering questions about the current systems. While waiting for your tour, PDC staff will be available for discussions and to answer any questions you might have while you enjoy a drink and snacks. At PDC we are very interested in learning from our users about their exciting research and we hold the Pub each year to provide an open and friendly meeting place for high performance computing researchers in different fields to meet each other, and to help us further improve the services we provide.
You do not need to register to attend the Pub or the computer room tours, but if you have particular time constraints that afternoon and wish to book in for a specific tour in advance, please email Cristian Cira (firstname.lastname@example.org) and give details of the tour times that would suit you. Each tour can take at most 10 people, so please book early.
We look forward to seeing you on the 24th of May! And, if you need information on travelling to PDC, please see:.
Tentative schedule of the mini-symposium
- 14:30-14:35 Erwin Laure Welcome talk
- 14:35-14:45 Henric Zazzi PDC statistics
- 14:45-15:00 Arne Elfosson Computational challenges when predicting protein structure on genomic scale
- 15:00-15:15 Mikael Twengström Spin ice - do magnetic monopoles exist?
- 15:15-15:30 Michele Visciarelli High throughput formation energy calculations for novel double perovskites screening
- 15:30-15:45 Patrik Norman Probing molecular interactions with DNA by means of circularly polarized light
- 15:45-16:00 Senthilkumar Panneerselvam Long term storage at PDC for NGS Data
- 16:00-16:15 Ricardo Vinuesa High fidelity simulations of the flow around wings