Investor Insights to Nordic Food Tech, 26 sept
Meet investors supporting sustainble food systems
Climate change, population growth, failing crops and changing habits and behaviour are placing unprecedented challenges on our food system. Research, innovation, new technology and start-ups from KTH aim to meet these challenges head on. Many have the potential to move the sustainable transformation of food and agriculture forward.
Time: Tue 2023-09-26 10.00 - 13.00
Location: Restaurant OpenLab Valhallavägen 79
Participating: KTH Food, KTH Innovation, Nordic FoodTech VC, Pinc, Mudcake, FoodBridge and Gullspång Re:food
Welcome to meet investors focused on realizing ideas and technologies that accelerate the healthy and sustainble transformation on food systems. Take part in in their knowledge, experience and unique insights and what investments are needed to secure a healthier and sustainable food system for everyone. Bring your ideas, we’ll provide lunch.
Om KTH FOOD, Rebecka Milestad
10:15 – 11:15 Investor insights – what is going out there from investor perspectives
Moderator: Lauri Reuter Nordic Food Tech VC
During this session you will learn from investors sharing their knowledge, experience and unique insights of bringing agtech and foodtech ideas to market. All have experience in supporting and empowering people and technologies transforming our food system. After the panel discussion there will be a Q&A
- Daniel Carlsson, KTH Innovation / KTH Holding
- Marika King, PINC - Paulig Incubator
- Anna Ottosson* TBC Mudcake (previously Trellis Road)
- Lauri Reuter, Nordic Food Tech VC
- Helen Taflin, Almi Invest
- Gustav Brandberg , Gullspång Re:food
11:15 Presentations from KTH Food Researchers
- Engineering of Prebiotic Hydrogels From Bran - Carl Rämgård, Doctoral Student and James Carlsson, Doctoral Student.
- Xanthine Biosensor for Monitoring Food Freshness Based on Organic Electrochemical Transistors - Yunfan Lin, Doctoral Student.
- Cavitating microbubbles as a novel, ecologically and economically efficient, chemical-free approach to clean the water from bacteria, PFAS and pharmaceutical residues. Dmitry Grishenkov, Associate Professor.
- The interplay between food and metallic food contact materials - I will give a short overview on our activities related to food contact materials. Inger Odnevall, Professor.
- Cell wall biochemistry-based strategy for promoting the resilience and circularity of rice cultivation. Pramod Sivan, Researcher.
- Novel approaches towards sustainable agriculture and aquaculture. Vaibhav Srivastava, Docent.
- Hierarchical protein materials for food applications. Christofer Lendel, Associate Professor.
12:00-13:00 Lunch and matchmaking
Stations with Investors where Researchers/Students can ask question and get feedback about their ideas/projects/potential spinouts.