Let there be light!
It gets pretty dark in Stockholm during late November, but this week the campus is focused on light. The Festival of Light at the KTH Dome of Visions is being held November 23-28 in conjunction with the UN’s International Year of Light.
The setting includes an installation by the KTH Lighting Laboratory and daily of lectures exploring different aspects of light, including energy, health and architecture.
Research related to light plays a critical role in the challenges of energy, education, agriculture and health; and it has already played a major role in revolutionary developments in medicine and communications. Light of course also plays a central role in the future of urban development.
Here is the full schedule:
· 23 November, 17:30 – 18:30 - Light - a Solution for most of Mankind's Challenges. Professor Fredrik Laurell, Laser physics.
· 24 November, 17:00 – 18:30 - Energy and Light. Federico Favero, KTH Light Laboratory and Christofer Silfvenius, Energimyndigheten.
· 25 November, 17:00 – 18:30 - Light for health. KTH Professor Fredrik Laurell, and Federico Favero, KTH Light Laboratory.
· 26 November, 17:00 – 18:30 - Light in Arts and Architecture. Rodrigo Muro, KTH Light Laboratory, och Dome of Visions curator Björn Norberg.
· 27 November, 17:30 – 18:30 - Light in science. Professor Gunnar Björk, KTH.
· 28 november, 14:00 – 15:00 . Light particles impacting our lives. Pierre- Yves Fonjallaz, PhotonicSweden.