Green Batteries: Innovation for Today and Tomorrow
Welcome to this high-level French-Swedish seminar on Batteries and E-Mobility arranged by the French Embassy and KTH Royal Institute of Technology. The theme “green transportation” is a key pillar in implementing the French-Swedish partnership for innovation and green solutions signed by President E.Macron and PM S.Löfven in Goteborg in November. The transport sector is today the largest emitter of CO2 emissions in France and in Sweden why they have taken ambitious steps to cut CO2 emissions. What is the strategic role of a competitive and sustainable European battery production? In this new industrial revolution of batteries; how to jump on board and what's next?
Time: Fri 2018-11-30 08.00 - 14.45
Location: F1 Alfvénsalen at Lindstedtsvägen 22, KTH Campus, Stockholm
Participation, lunch and coffee is all free of charge.
The program in rough draft
The day will start with coffee and registration (08:00-08:30), before lunch a coffee break (10:25-10:45) and then lunch with mingle (12:00-13:15).
Welcome and introductions
- Stefan ÖSTLUND, Vice-president Global relations, KTH
- David CVACH, Ambassador of France to Sweden
- Elisabeth BORNE, French Minister for Transport
- Mikael DAMBERG, Swedish Minister for Enterprise and Innovation
- Maros SEFCOVIC, Vice President European Commission, Energy Union (tbc)
Three round tables
The seminar is structured around three round tables with panels discussing:
- The strategic role of a competitive and sustainable European battery production
Keynote: Clara de la TORRE,Director Transport, DG RTD, European Commission (tbc)
- Batteries, the new industrial revolution: how to jump on board?
Keynote: Elna HOLMBERG, Vice president E-Mobility, Volvo
- What’s next? An overview of leading-edge research on batteries
Keynote: Patrik JOHANSSON, Professor, Chalmers, Co-director ALISTORE-European
Closing remarks by Diego PAVIA, CEO InnoEnergy giving an industrial perspective and next steps of possible future cooperation.