Welcome to the Unit of Energy Systems Analysis (KTH-dESA)
At the heart of KTH-dESA’s research is the development and application of quantitative models to answer difficult policy and investment questions. It is necessarily multi-disciplinary and collaborates with the KTH Energy Platform and several external partners.
Our main research areas are:
- CLEWs - Climate, Land, Energy and Water strategies to navigate the nexus
- Energy Systems Model Development and Application
- Strategic policies and investments
- Sustainable Energy for All
"We have a commitment to contribute to open accessible science. This should build not only our own capacity but also that of the broader community: Employing academic developments to inform smarter management of our planet, people and transitions from poverty to prosperity. In all of these, energy systems play a critical role."
Prof Mark Howells, Head of KTH-dESA
- No up-to-date news right now.
The unit of energy systems analysis (KTH-ESA) was started with a generous gift from the Swedish Energy Agency to KTH.