Doctoral student in Artificial Intelligence, several areas - Hiring in process/Finished, not possible to apply
KTH Royal Institute of Technology
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Third-cycle subject: Computer Science
The positions are funded by Wallenberg AI, Autonomous Systems and Software Program (WASP) is Sweden’s largest individual research program, a major national initiative for strategically basic research, education and faculty recruitment. The program is initiated and funded by the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation with 2.6 billion SEK. In addition, the program receives support from collaborating industry and from participating universities to form a total budget of 3.5 billion SEK. Major goals are more than 50 new professors and more than 300 new PhDs within AI, Autonomous Systems and Software. The vision of WASP is excellent research and competence in AI, autonomous systems and software for the benefit of Swedish industry. For more info please visit wasp-sweden.org
You´ll work within one of the following projects:
B.Data-Driven Foundations for Robust Deformable Object Manipulation, Florian Pokorny
C.Explainable Deep Learning and Deep Transfer Learning, Hossein Azizpour Deep
D.Learning on Language and Vision Analysis, Josephine Sullivan
A suitable background is an MSc in one of the following/related disciplines: Machine Learning, Engineering Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or System, Control and Robotics. You have a strong computationally oriented background with well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills: solid programming skills are necessary.
What we offer
- The possibility to study in a dynamic international research environment in close cooperation with industries and advanced universities the world over.
- Life-long network through KTH's Alumni organization.
- A personal study plan to support your development within your areas of interest.
- A workplace with many employee benefits and monthly salary according to KTH's doctoral student salary agreement.
- Work and study in Stockholm, one of Europe´s fastest-growing capitals, which is close to both nature and the sea.
- Help to relocate and get settled in Sweden and at KTH.
To be admitted to postgraduate education (Chapter 7, 39 § Swedish Higher Education Ordinance), the applicant must have basic eligibility in accordance with either of the following:
- passed a degree at advanced level,
- completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 higher education credits at an advanced level, or
- in any other way acquired within or outside the country acquired essentially equivalent knowledge.
In order to succeed as a doctoral student at KTH, you need to be goal oriented and persevering in your work. In the selection of the applicants, the following will be assessed:
- ability to independently pursue his or her work,
- ability to collaborate with others,
- have a professional approach and
- analyze and work with complex issues,
- good command of English, both orally and in writing.
Target degree: Doctoral degree
Information regarding admission and employment
Only those who are or have been admitted to third-cycle studies may be employed as a doctoral student. The term of the initial contract may not exceed one year. The employment may be extended for a maximum of two years at a time. However, the total period of employment may not exceed the equivalent of four years of full-time study. Decisions on employment as a doctoral student may not be appealed.Eligibility, selection, and admissions are regulated in KTH’s admission regulations (in Swedish) and the program descriptions and current third-cycle subjects are described on KTH's website.Doctoral students should primarily devote themselves to their own education but may engage in teaching, research, and administration corresponding to a maximum of 20 % of a full-time position.
You will find contact information for union representatives on KTH's website.
Doctoral section (Students’ union on KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
You will find contact information for the doctoral section on the section's website.
Apply for the position and admission through KTH's recruitment system. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the advertisement.Applications must be received at the last closing date at midnight, CET/CEST (Central European Time/central European Summer Time).
Applications must include the following elements:
- CV including your relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Application letter with a brief description of why you want to pursue research studies, about what your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. (Maximum 2 pages long)
- Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-level institutions. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents are not issued in one of these languages.
- Representative publications or technical reports. For longer documents, please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
- Two references and letters of recommendation if available.
- Indication of one (or more) project with the order of preference [B-D] if available.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about Processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Temporary position longer than 6 months|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||2019-01-01 (at the latest)|
|Salary||Monthly salary according to KTH's doctoral student salary agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Last application date||12.Oct.2018 11:59 PM CET|
On Sunday 24th February Varbi will be closed for applicants and recruiters between 06.00-10.00. This is due to regular maintenance work on our platform to further strengthen the security and stability of Varbi.