The Department of Industrial Economics was founded in 1924
The subject of Industrial Economics was at the beginning of the 20th century a compound name at KTH
Since 2005 our current location is in the Sing-Sing house. Before that we were spread on barns
Milestones in INDEK history
- 1912 - Erik Forsberg, Senior Engineer at Separator, was employed as a specialist teacher in Industrial Economics and Organization at KTH
- 1939 - Tarras Sällfors assumes Sweden's first professorship in industrial economics and organization at KTH.
- 1969 - Linköping University of Technology starts Sweden's first master's degree program in Industrial Economics ("I-Program").
- 1972 - Sven Åke Johansson becomes Sweden's first technology doctor in Industrial Economics and organization at KTH.
- 1980s - Chalmers and Luleå Technical University launches a Master of Science in Industrial Economics.
- 1990s - KTH and Lund University of Technology start a civil engineering program in Industrial Economics.
- The 2010s - Industrial Economics is Sweden's most popular engineering education and established as education programs at both basic and advanced levels at most universities and colleges in the country.
Read more about the building