Phone: +46 8 790 6428
Telefax : +46 8 20 22 87
E-mail : email@example.com
Visiting address: Brinellvägen 83
My research is centered on the development of novel technologies for the modeling, design, analysis and management of Embedded Computer Control Systems (ECS). As the computer systems inside various machinery and equipment, ECS are typically responsible for the realizations of many intelligent application features that account for large portions of the innovations and value-added, e.g. relating to the driving-assistance and self-driving of automotive vehicles. It is expected that ECS would constitute the key enabler for most of the Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) in the foreseeable future where physical processes (i.e. the physical part), computation and communication services (i.e. the cyber part) have to be treated as an integrated whole. Targeting qualified ECS throughout the entire lifecycles, my research is focused especially on the integrations of heterogeneous functions, information and communication services, on given electronic, electrical and mechanical platforms. The research contributions are made in the following two areas:
- Model-Based Development of Embedded Control Systems for Cyber-Physical Systems (MBD-ECS-CPS).
- Dynamic Self-Management of Embedded Control Systems in cyber-physical systems (DSM-ECS-CPS).
Some Current and Past Projects
- , from 2017.01 – Current. Contributing in the areas of requiremements analysis, architecture design, and dynamic safety control for autonomous vehicles.
- , from 2016.01 - Current.Contributing in the areas of system analysis, dependability, componentization, online quality-of-service support for the compositionality&composability of autonomous vehicles.
- , during 2013.01-2015.12. Contributing in the areas of ontology, methods and tools for qualified process automation for Industry 4.0.
- , during 2010.09-2014.03. Contributing in the areas of modelling support for the analysis of performance and dependability.
- , during 2009.03-2012.06. Contributing in the areas of architecture modelling, architecture design and quality assessment techniques, and tool specifications (new & enhancement).
- , during 2008.06-2010.06. Contributed in the areas of safety engineering, behaviour modelling, methodology development, case studies, etc.
- , during 2006.06-2009.02. Conducted the design of a reference system architecture that incorporates the autonomic computing paradigm for automotive embedded systems.
- , ATESST, during 2006-2008. Contributed to the development of EAST-ADL2 language in the areas of requirements analysis, language design for a model-based safety assessment, demonstration and tool development.
- , during 2004-2005. Developed a software system for cross-enterprise model exchange and integration in the development of fuel cell systems.
- , EAST-EEA, during 2003-2004. Contributed to the technology investigation for the development of EAST-ADL language.
Over 70 peer-reviewed papers. More information available through
|DeJiu Chen and Zhonghai Lu: A Model-based Approach to Dynamic Self-Assessment for Automated Performance and Safety Awareness of Cyber-Physical Systems. In: Bozzano M., Papadopoulos Y. (eds) Model-Based Safety and Assessment. IMBSA 2017. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 10437. Springer, Cham. 2017. DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-64119-5_15|
|DeJiu Chen, Dmitri Valeri Panfilenko, Mahmood R. Khabazzi, Daniel Sonntag: A Model-Based Approach to Qualified Process Automation for Anomaly Detection and Treatment. 21st IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technology & Factory Automation, ETFA 2016, Berlin, Germany, September 6 - 9, IEEE. 2016. DOI: 10.1109/ETFA.2016.7733731|
|DeJiu Chen, Karl Meinke, Kenneth Östberg, Fredrik Asplund, Christoph Baumann. A Knowledge-in-the-Loop Approach to Integrated Safety&Security for Cooperative System-of-Systems. International Symposium on Knowledge Engineering for Decision Support Systems, IEEE Seventh International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Information Systems, ICICIS’15, Cairo, Egypt. December 12-14, IEEE, 2015. DOI: 10.1109/IntelCIS.2015.7397237|
|Sara Tucci-Piergiovanni, DeJiu Chen, Chokri Mraidha, Henrik Lönn, Nidhal Mahmud, Mark-Oliver Reiser, Ramin Tavakoli Kolagari, Nataliya Yakymets, Renato Librino, Sandra Torchiaro, Agnes Lanusse. Model-Based Analysis and Engineering of Automotive Architectures with EAST-ADL. In Handbook of Research on Embedded Systems Design, A volume in the Advances in Systems Analysis, Software Engineering, and High Performance Computing (ASASEHPC) Book Serie. A. Bagnato et. al. (Eds). IGI Global. 2014. ISBN 978-1-4666-6194-3 (hardcover) -- ISBN 978-1-4666-6195-0 (ebook).|
|DeJiu Chen, Lei Feng, Tahir Naseer Qureshi, Henrik Lönn, Frank Hagl. An Architectural Approach to the Analysis, Verification and Validation of Software Intensive Embedded Systems. In Journal: Computing, Springer. 2013. DOI: 10.1007/s00607-013-0314-4.|
|Tahir Naseer Qureshi, DeJiu Chen, Martin Törngren. A Timed Automata-Based Method to Analyze EAST-ADL Timing Constraint Specifications. In: Vallecillo A., Tolvanen JP., Kindler E., Störrle H., Kolovos D. (eds) Modelling Foundations and Applications. ECMFA 2012. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 7349. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg. 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-31491-9_23|
|DeJiu Chen, Rolf Johansson, Henrik Lönn, Hans Blom, Martin Walker, Yiannis Papadopoulos, Sandra Torchiaro, Fulvio Tagliabo, Anders Sandberg. Integrated Safety and Architecture Modeling for Automotive Embedded Systems. e&i - elektrotechnik und informationstechnik, Volume 128, Number 6, Automotive Embedded Systems. Springer Wien, 2011. ISSN 0932-383X / 1613-7620. DOI 10.1007/s00502-011-0007-7.|
|DeJiu Chen, Martin Törngren, Magnus Persson, Lei Feng, Tahir Naseer Qureshi. Towards Model-Based Engineering of Self-configuring Embedded Systems. In: Giese H., Karsai G., Lee E., Rumpe B., Schätz B. (eds) Model-Based Engineering of Embedded Real-Time Systems. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 6100. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg. 2010. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-16277-0, ISBN: 978-3-642-16276-3, ISSN: 0302-9743.|
|Richard Anthony, DeJiu Chen, Mariusz Pelc, Magnus Persson, Martin Törngren: Context-Aware Adaptation in DySCAS. Electronic Communications of the EASST, Volume 19: Context-Aware Adaptation Mechanism for Pervasive and Ubiquitous Services (CAMPUS). European Association of Software Science and Technology (EASST), 2009. ISSN 1863-2122.|
|DeJiu Chen, Rolf Johansson, Henrik Lönn, Yiannis Papadopoulos, Anders Sandberg, Fredrik Törner, Martin Törngren. Modelling Support for Design of Safety-Critical Automotive Embedded Systems. In: Harrison M.D., Sujan MA. (eds) Computer Safety, Reliability, and Security. SAFECOMP 2008. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 5219. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg. 2008. DOI 10.1007/978-3-540-87698-4, ISBN 978-3-540-87697-7, ISSN 0302-9743.|