Are you a KTH student in need of facilities to carry out your studies? Learn how KTHB may help with adapted study rooms, talking books and more.
Turn to KTHB for:
- Text books in alternative formats as talking books, e-text and enlargements.
- New production of course literature which is not available in alternative formats.
- Reading Studios with readings aids, for example speech synthesizer. Available at the Main Library and Haninge Library.
If you need talking books in your studies - download them yourself from. to register an account for downloading books and to learn learn more about talking books.
Production of Talking Books
Are your course books not available at Legimus? We can request audio books, e-text, Braille or enlargements from MTM (Swedish Agency for Accessible Media). The production of a talking book takes between 6 and 16 weeks.
If you need to get handouts, articles or sections of text books adapted – contact us.
E-books and e-journals can be read aloud by a speech synthesizer. If you do not have access to one, you can use it in one of KTHB´s Reading Studios.
In need of reading aids in your studies? Main Library, Electrum Library and Haninge Library have adapted study rooms. They can be used by anyone who has received a certificate from the. These rooms are available when the libraries are open, they can be booked in advance.
The Reading Studios have the following facilities:
- Easy reader - reading software for talking books
- Claro read plus - speech synthesizer, reads text
- Gustavas ordböcker - dictionary in English and Swedish
- Stavarex - spell checker in Swedish
- Spellright - spell checker in English
Book Reading Studio Vitruvius at KTHB Main Library
Collect the key to the room at the reception.
Book Reading Studio at KTHB Electrum Library
Collect the key to the room at the library.
Book Reading Studio Agnes Magnell at KTHB Haninge Library
Located on the 4th floor. Collect the key to the room at the library.
If you need support or have any questions -