Agree on common guidelines for your tandem partnership
At the beginning of a language partnership, it may be helpful to clarify what your expectations are and when you will be available, to make sure your experience becomes enjoyable and enriching. Answer the questions below and bring this paper to the first meeting with your partner. Discussing the answers will help you get started and develop a successful tandem partnership.
1. What made you register for a tandem partnership?
2. How long do you want the tandem partnership to last?
3. Which of the following skills do you want to develop? What do you prioritize?
- Oral communication
- Specialized vocabulary
4. When do you want to meet? How many hours?
5. How do you want to contact each other?
6. How would you prefer to conduct your meetings?
- Face-to-face meetings
- Phone calls
7. Where do you want to meet?
- At KTH
- At the KTH Library
- At a café/bar/restaurant
- At public events (sports or cultural)
8. What kind of topics do you like to discuss? Make a personal list.