The Bicky Chakraborty Entrepreneur Program
In the Bicky Chakraborty Entrepreneur Program you’ll increase your knowledge of entrepreneurship and commercialization and get support and advice from experienced mentors. You’ll also get 70 000 SEK in funding to develop your project.
About the program
The Bicky Chakraborty Entrepreneur Program is a program for those who want to contribute to growth and prosperity in Sweden. The program was set up following a 5 million SEK donation from Bicky Chakraborty, founder of Elite Hotels, and has been run by KTH Innovation since 2016.
Education, mentorship and funding
Together with the other accepted teams, you’ll meet four times over a six-month period. During these full-day sessions, you’ll take part in a tailor-made training program developed by KTH Executive School, where invited speakers share their knowledge of entrepreneurship and business development.
In between these full-day sessions, you will meet with experienced mentors who help you tackle your specific challenges. We hand-pick the mentors every year, but previous years profiles like Nami Zarringhalam, founder of Truecaller, and Pirkko Tamsen, investor, entrepreneur and formed head of Uppsala University Innovation, have shared their knowledge.
Additionally, all accepted projects get 70 000 SEK in proof-of-concept funding to verify their idea.
When should you apply?
- When you, a student, researcher or employee at KTH, have a startup or commercialization project you want to develop towards the market
- When you want to learn more about business development or entrepreneurship
- When you want to gain insights from experienced mentors
- When you want to develop your project towards creating work opportunities and growth in Sweden
Apply to the program
The application period is now closed. If you have questions about the program, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
What you get
- Four full-day training sessions over a nine-month period addressing the most important aspects of growing, scaling and sustaining a business
- Personal meetings with experienced mentors with a history of successfully growing, investing in, and scaling companies
- 70 000 SEK in funding to finance verification activities during the year
- Hands-on knowledge of practical tools and skills, such as how to create a strong team and a long-term sustainable business, customer development, market segmentation, and financing.
Said about the program
"I would definitely recommend others to apply, especially if you are a researcher at KTH. We’ve had huge takeaways from the program, and expecially the mentor meetings were fantastic. These one-hour lunches were amazing examples of extremely condensed and very valuable time-allocation."
- Károly Szipka, PhD student in Industrial Production, KTH