Associate Professor in Management of sustainable energy systems - Hiring in process/Finished, not possible to apply
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, School of Industrial Engineering and Management
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as in architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Department of Industrial Economics and Management (INDEK) operates in the intersection field where science and technology meet management and economics. The department provides a major part of KTH's education in economics, management and organization. INDEK have a firm conviction that modern society has a strong need for highly skilled engineers with expertise in the advanced technical depth combined with a good knowledge of economics and management. The ambition is to become one of Europe's leading departments in industrial economics, education as well as research purposes.Our educational programs should be student-centered, innovative and attract the very best students while the research will be the leading in Europe. Our research is interdisciplinary, has a strong empirical focus and is often conducted in collaboration with companies and public organizations. We have a strong tradition of working closely with businesses, government agencies and other organizations.
The department is organized in to five units:
•Organisation and management
•Industrial Marketing and Entreprenurship
•Sustainability and industrial dynamics
Management of sustainable energy systems
The subject field includes studies of sustainable energy systems’ management. Key issues of the field concern the analysis of the transformation of energy systems and energy intensive industries with special focus on policy analysis, business strategy, business models, technological and business processes related to industrial and technological change using various systems levels in the area of sustainable energy systems.
As an associate professor, you are expected to contribute to the development of research in the subject field at KTH and to integrate knowledge from the subject area in the engineering education that is taking place at the university. The position also entails a responsibility to teach courses at the master’s level by way of for instance teaching master’s courses and supervising master theses. An important aspect as regards research and education is to contribute to the advancement of the subject area of industrial economics and management in general and industrial dynamics in particular.
Those qualified for appointment as an associate professor are persons who have:
- been awarded a PhD or has the corresponding research competence or some other professional expertise that is of value in view of the subject matter of the post and the duties that it will involve , and
- demonstrated teaching expertise.
Grounds of assessment
The assessment criteria for appointment as an associate professor at KTH shall be the degree of expertise required as a qualification for employment. In addition, the assessment criteria stated in the KTH appointments procedure, appendix 2, apply in relation to the employment profile laid down.
Of highest importance is the applicant’s
- Documented experience of teaching in industrial transformations. This is in planning, developing and executing courses at the basic level in industrial transformations as well as at the advanced levels within the field is essential.
- Documented experience in independently carrying out research of high scientific quality. The research quality will be assessed through the applicant’s publication record in highly ranked international journals.
Of second highest importance is the applicant’s
- Documented experience in initiating research projects and receiving external grants
- Ability to co-operate with the surrounding society and to communicate information on research and development.
- Ability to create an academic environment, to develop and lead activities and staff, which includes knowledge of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality
It is also important that the applicant has
- Experience of teaching and conducting research at another university other than KTH (e.g. as a post doc) or experience from industry
- Administrative ability and other skills that are deemed important
- Interpersonal skills
- The capacity to teach in the field at the advanced as well as the post graduate level primarily in English but also in Swedish which in the case non-native speakers is expected to learn.
Trade union representatives
Contact information to trade union representatives can be found at KTH:s web page.
Your application should follow KTH:s CV template for employment of teachers. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the application is complete according to the requirements in the ad and CV template.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Log into KTH:s recruitment system in order to apply to this position online.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||By agreement|
|Number of positions||1|
|Working hours||100 %|
|Last application date||30.Aug.2017 11:59 PM CET|