Associate Professor in Computer Science
KTH Royal Institute of Technology, School of Computer Science and Communication
KTH Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm has grown to become one of Europe’s leading technical and engineering universities, as well as a key centre of intellectual talent and innovation. We are Sweden’s largest technical research and learning institution and home to students, researchers and faculty from around the world. Our research and education covers a wide area including natural sciences and all branches of engineering, as well as in architecture, industrial management, urban planning, history and philosophy.
Your work will take place at one of the departements of the School of Computer Science and Communication. For information about the departements go to:
Computational Science and Technology (CST): www.kth.se/en/csc/forskning/cst/om-cst
Robotics, perception och learning (RPL): www.kth.se/en/csc/forskning/cvap
Theoretical Computer Science (TCS): www.kth.se/en/csc/forskning/tcs
Speech, Music and Hearing (TMH): www.kth.se/en/csc/forskning/tmh
Computer science is the science methodology for the design of software including both theoretical foundations as well as engineering skills for the development of products and systems based on computers.
The position involves, to approximately equal amounts, teaching in the broad area of computer science, and research in the associate professor’s area of specialization. Teaching activities will be at bachelor and master level, including thesis supervision at both levels.
Eligibility for appointment as an associate professor is reserved for persons who have:
- obtained their doctorate degree or have the equivalent academic expertise, or have other professional skills that are relevant to the subject field concerned by the position and the required duties,
- shown teaching expertise,
- shown the capacity to find, obtain funds for and conduct research projects, and
- shown the capacity to lead education or research activities.
Grounds of assessment
Of highest importance is the applicant’s
- pedagogical skills. This requires documented experiences of course management, including course planning and development: at bachelor level in courses in programming and computer science (in particular in software development, basic programming and computer science, and databases) and at master level in relevant specialization courses (e.g., machine learning, computer vision, parallel and distributed computing, and graphics). Documented experiences of supervision of bachelor and master theses are also required.
- documented experiences of independent research of high scientific quality in computer science, with a specialization in an area that is already represented in the school’s current research (e.g. the research areas machine learning, social robotics and computer interfaces, brain-inspired computing, high performance computing in parallel and distributed systems, complexity theory, computer security, software development, modeling and simulations). The quality of the research will be assessed based on the applicant’s publications in leading international journals and conferences.
Of second highest importance is that the applicant has
- high communication skills in Swedish or English suitable for teaching at bachelor level.
- documented ability to initiate research projects and acquire external funding.
Of importance is that the applicant has
- experiences of teaching and research from another university than KTH (corresponding to at least a post-doc period) or experiences from industry.
- expertise in developing and leading activities and personnel; this includes having knowledge about matters of diversity and equal treatment, with particular focus on gender equality.
- an ability to collaborate with the surrounding society and to disseminate information regarding research and development work.
- demonstrated administrative skills.
Trade union representatives
Contact information to trade union representatives can be found at KTH:s web page.
Your application should follow KTH:s CV template for employment of teachers. Please remember that it is your responsibility to ensure that your application is complete.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
Log into KTH:s recruitment system in order to apply to this position online.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
|Type of employment||Permanent position|
|Contract type||Full time|
|First day of employment||According to agreement|
|Number of positions||2|
|Last application date||17.Feb.2017 11:59 PM CET|